The Risk Manager is responsible for leadership, governance and management of all aspects of corporate risk insurance programs. The Risk Manager will develop and administer risk management and loss prevention programs; provide guidance and recommendations on the purchase of insurance policies, management of claims and loss control activities, management of relationships with third party service providers, preparing loss analyses and budgets, identifying exposures and recommend solutions, promoting loss prevention, and updating and monitoring compliance with insurance procedures.
The Risk Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of the following:
- Insurance broker management;
- Contract language review (insurance and risk management provisions);
- Claims management (periodic reviews, settlement evaluations, system access/reporting, loss forecasting and analysis to assist in loss reduction);
- Third-party claim administrators;
- Insurance-related collateral assessments;
- Annual insurance policy placement (property, auto & general liability, director’s and officers’ liability, workers’ compensation, cyber and media liability, various other policies);
- Compilation of underwriting information for coverage placement;
- Annual reporting and audit requirements;
- Annual presentation to company’s audit committee;
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field;
- Must have a strong understanding of commercial insurance policies, insurance claims and risk management;
- Minimum of five years experience in a management or project management role;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Excellent analytical capabilities;
- Proven project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines;
- Flexible, balanced judgment and ability to excel in a dynamic fast paced environment;
- Must be self-motivated and possess strong leadership skills;
- Adapts well to and initiates change;
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action;
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills;
- Domestic travel is required.
An innovative, award-winning, digital media company
is searching for the best of the best..
and we don’t take hiring lightly.
We look for exceptionally talented contributors.
Come grow with us and make an impact every day.
We are McClatchy… at the heart of what matters.
As a member of the McClatchy family, you are part of a flexible, empowering, and exciting culture dedicated to creating a work/life balance and consistent opportunities for growth – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future.
This role is an excellent career opportunity with one of the nation’s top digital-first media companies offering news, information and multi-media marketing solutions in many of the nation's best markets. Every day, our talented employees create and deliver award-winning journalism and customized multi-media advertising solutions to growing audiences and businesses. Our digital and print publications lineups include iconic brands such as the Miami Herald, The Kansas City Star, The Sacramento Bee, The Charlotte Observer, The (Raleigh) News and Observer, and the (Fort Worth) Star-Telegram. McClatchy is headquartered in Sacramento, Calif., and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol MNI.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of post-offer drug and background screenings. McClatchy offers a competitive salary, along with varied benefits packages, including Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, LiveWell, Life Insurance, 401(K) Savings Plan, vacation and company holidays. McClatchy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. McClatchy doesn’t just welcome diversity, we seek it, we search for it, we strive for it, it’s what makes us tick. Diversity is best for our employees, our company, its offerings, and the communities we serve.
To all recruitment agencies: McClatchy does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our openings, McClatchy employees or any media company location affiliated with McClatchy. McClatchy is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.