Regional Technology ManagerMcClatchy
REGIONAL TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
SACRAMENTO, CA & RALEIGH, NC
The Regional Technology Manager will oversee the relationship between the McClatchy markets and the technology division by assisting with the alignment of goals and objectives between the business and McClatchy Technology. In this role, you will communicate weekly with the regional publishers and market executive teams’ in collaboration of strategic plans and provides technology updates. You will also provide consulting support for technology operating and capital expenses. This role serves as the primary contact with multiple McClatchy technology teams responsible for planning, developing, and implementing solutions in support of the market’s business operations.
- Gain considerable knowledge of the individual market’s technology and business operations;
- Show effective communication skills with the regional publishers and the markets’ executive teams and be able to hold the market accountable to MCC’s technology standards while also being a strong advocate for the markets’ technology needs. Provide proper outreach to technology resources to address the market needs;
- Develop and manage multiple relationships with business and technology leaders, influencing business areas in support of strategic technology initiatives;
- Must be passionate about serving McClatchy’s end user community;
- Have strong project management and organizational skills. Assist with the delivery of applications and services to assure the solutions meet business objectives. Ensure projects/requests are prioritized appropriately, aligned with the strategy and direction of the organization, and appropriate resources are allocated for their development;
- Support McClatchy’s goals for centralization of data centers, applications and processes required in each market;
- Demonstrate understanding of McClatchy’s security and compliance standards and assist with the quarterly, bi-annual and annual audits as necessary;
- Evaluate responsiveness to the markets’ service desk requests and provide escalation path when necessary especially with issues related to VIPs and preparations for new employees;
- Assist with evaluating and fulfilling markets’ maintenance agreement renewals and approvals for hardware or software purchases (monitors, drives, Office 365, Adobe CC, etc);
- Collaborate effectively with peers from other McClatchy Technology functional teams on issues, projects, and ideology. Assist other technology teams with surveying markets and gathering valuable intel during global major incidents or site specific major incidents.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university;
- 10 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- A working knowledge of office and desktop technology, methodologies, publishing software and hardware;
- Newspaper-specific applications desired.
An innovative, award-winning, digital media company
is searching for the best of the best..
and we don’t take hiring lightly.
We look for exceptionally talented contributors.
Come grow with us and make an impact every day.
We are McClatchy… at the heart of what matters.
As a member of the McClatchy family, you are part of a flexible, empowering, and exciting culture dedicated to creating a work/life balance and consistent opportunities for growth – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future.
This role is an excellent career opportunity with one of the nation’s top digital-first media companies offering news, information and multi-media marketing solutions in many of the nation's best markets. Every day, our talented employees create and deliver award-winning journalism and customized multi-media advertising solutions to growing audiences and businesses. Our digital and print publications lineups include iconic brands such as the Miami Herald, The Kansas City Star, The Sacramento Bee, The Charlotte Observer, The (Raleigh) News and Observer, and the (Fort Worth) Star-Telegram. McClatchy is headquartered in Sacramento, Calif., and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol MNI.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of post-offer drug and background screenings. McClatchy offers a competitive salary, along with varied benefits packages, including Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, LiveWell, Life Insurance, 401(K) Savings Plan, vacation and company holidays. McClatchy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. McClatchy doesn’t just welcome diversity, we seek it, we search for it, we strive for it, it’s what makes us tick. Diversity is best for our employees, our company, its offerings, and the communities we serve.
To all recruitment agencies: McClatchy does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our openings, McClatchy employees or any media company location affiliated with McClatchy. McClatchy is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.