McClatchy is looking for an experienced auditor to join our Internal Audit team. Under the direction of Internal Audit management you will conduct operational, financial, and compliance internal audits. You will act as a Lead to Internal Audit staff to coordinate and support team efforts in different audit initiatives and engagements. One of your main objectives will be to seek to obtain reasonable assurance that business units and the entity functional processes have adequate internal controls.
- Participates in risk based internal audits and compliance reviews in assigned area;
- Works closely with Senior Auditor to ensure timely, accurate, and complete risk/control conclusions, workpaper, and reports are in accordance with department procedures and expectations;
- Perform detailed audit tasks, document the results, and report to management regarding the adequacy of internal controls;
- Identify internal control weaknesses, develop collaborative audit recommendations and draft audit reports under minimal supervision;
- Perform and coordinate follow-up audits to determine if management has taken action to mitigate risks identified; Develop business unit personal relationships;
- Participate in fraud and special investigations as necessary;
- Assist external auditors in their annual review of operations and systems to facilitate and reduce the costs of their audit coverage.
- Travel as necessary to various out-of-town locations by car and/or airplane. In most cases, before and after hours travel will be necessary;
- Perform other functions, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or acceptable equivalent from four-year college or university.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or a sitting candidate preferred;
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of progressive audit experience within a public accounting firm, or other accounting or auditing work, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Familiarity with COSO, International Standards of the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing & Practice Advisories, risk-based auditing theory techniques and procedures, accounting theory and methods, management and organizational principles;
- Strong oral and written communication skills to complete audit reports and analysis and to make oral presentations to local and Corporate Management, and staff;
- Ability to travel 20% annually by car/plane.
An innovative, award-winning, digital media company
is searching for the best of the best..
and we don’t take hiring lightly.
We look for exceptionally talented contributors.
Come grow with us and make an impact every day.
We are McClatchy… at the heart of what matters.
As a member of the McClatchy family, you are part of a flexible, empowering, and exciting culture dedicated to creating a work/life balance and consistent opportunities for growth – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future.
This role is an excellent career opportunity with one of the nation’s top digital-first media companies offering news, information and multi-media marketing solutions in many of the nation's best markets. Every day, our talented employees create and deliver award-winning journalism and customized multi-media advertising solutions to growing audiences and businesses. Our digital and print publications lineups include iconic brands such as the Miami Herald, The Kansas City Star, The Sacramento Bee, The Charlotte Observer, The (Raleigh) News and Observer, and the (Fort Worth) Star-Telegram. McClatchy is headquartered in Sacramento, Calif., and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol MNI.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of post-offer drug and background screenings. McClatchy offers a competitive salary, along with varied benefits packages, including Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, LiveWell, Life Insurance, 401(K) Savings Plan, vacation and company holidays. McClatchy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. McClatchy doesn’t just welcome diversity, we seek it, we search for it, we strive for it, it’s what makes us tick. Diversity is best for our employees, our company, its offerings, and the communities we serve.
To all recruitment agencies: McClatchy does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our openings, McClatchy employees or any media company location affiliated with McClatchy. McClatchy is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.