Internal Audit ManagerMcClatchy
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
McClatchy is hiring an Internal Audit Manager to assist in planning, supervising, and performing yearly financial and operational audits to ensure fiscal soundness of individual business units within the company. The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for completion of day to day operations within the department, providing accounting, research and support services for audits throughout the year.
Note: We prefer this position to be in our Sacramento, CA location, but may consider our Raleigh, NC location.
- Oversees planning, scheduling, performance and supervision of financial, internal control, and operational audits to ensure fiscal soundness of individual business units within the company.
- Supervises internal auditors in reporting findings and recommendations to executive management.
- Oversees, directs, and manages the work and training of internal audit staff.
- Communicates with unit personnel to coordinate and facilitate operational and financial audits.
- Analyzes data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with management's established policies or procedures.
- Reviews final audit reports and coordinates final issuance with administrative staff and Director.
- Develops audit programs for specific audits.
- Conducts or oversees research of technical accounting and internal control issues and makes appropriate judgment calls on final methodology recommended to business units.
- Assists external auditors with procedures and internal audit staffing assistance as requested.
- Assists and participates with the Director with preparation of presentations to the Audit Committee.
- Responsible for performance reviews.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred major in business administration or accounting).
- 8 years experience with accounting and auditing procedures to include recent experience in public accounting, internal audit or compliance.
- 2 years of supervisory experience in a business setting, public accounting background preferred.
- Working knowledge of financial auditing, GAAP and audit-related procedures and regulations.
- Intermediate computer skills with knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to effectively research technical accounting and audit issues and communicate results effectively.
- Ability to perform detailed financial statement analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with people at all levels of the organization and produce clear and concise reports and presentations.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to generate audit results according to annual schedule.
- Ability to work with staff to enforce results in a timely manner.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to supervise effectively and work well in a team environment.
- Flexibility to travel to locations within the United States, according to specific audit schedule including weekends and holidays (15-20% annually).
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively escalate issues to senior management and Director when appropriate.
- Big 4 public accounting experience