Compliance and Contract ManagerMcClatchy
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
We are hiring a Compliance and Contract Manager for our Audience Development group. The preferred location is Raleigh, NC, however we may be open to Charlotte, NC or Sacramento, CA.
The Compliance and Contract Manager ensures consistent management of Logistics’ contracts for third party distributors, independent contractors and On-Demand vendors for all McClatchy markets, nation-wide. This generally includes oversight of the contract management process, document management, control related compliance issues, rules and best practices, and acts as business unit liaison for all compliance-related issues.
This position will provide additional functions as necessary related to audience functionality including support of internal audit team as it relates to contracts, control environment and compliance.
- Ensure that each newspaper has / uses company approved contracts for all distributors, independent contractors and On Demand vendors
- Develop and maintain a centralized contract database to ensure compliance for audience partnerships
- Ensure accuracy and appropriateness of contract text and attachments
- Maintain company compliance in maintaining accurate and timely contracts and renewal process
- Identify areas where there is a risk of non-compliance and develop policies to reduce that risk
- Develop and execute communication and training programs to help employees understand their roles in compliance
- Contact for all business units for contract related inquiries
- Conduct internal audits as needed to ensure compliance of contracts.
- Review control standards for business units in order to be in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Standardize processes across the company and within business units in order to streamline contract compliance, standardization and audit completion.
- Ensures compliance with departmental and company policies, procedures, and standards of use.
- Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with internal clients about contractual issues;
- Oversee organizational contract development and enforce organizational principles of integrity and compliance;
- Ensure that contracts are properly entered into organizational databases and securely maintained;
- Work with the legal department to develop standards for contracts
- Minimum of 3’ years experience in contract management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access or similar database
- A thorough understanding of contract terms and terminology
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
McClatchy is both a leading Digital Media Company and Publisher offering news, information and marketing solutions in many of the nation's best markets. Every day, our talented employees create and deliver award-winning journalism and advertising solutions to growing audiences and businesses. Our digital and print publication lineup includes iconic brands such as the Miami Herald, The Charlotte Observer and The (Raleigh) News and Observer, to name a few. McClatchy is headquartered in Sacramento, Calif., and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol MNI.