Accounting Compliance Analyst
Posted on December 21, 2017
An innovative, award-winning, digital media company
is searching for the best of the best
and we don’t take hiring lightly.
We look for exceptionally talented contributors.
Come grow with us and make an impact every day.
We are McClatchy… at the heart of what matters.
McClatchy is seeking an Accounting Compliance Analyst to assist in the continued development and management of the control environment for our national media company. The Accounting Compliance Analyst will be responsible for assisting the Compliance Manager in refining the current control set, reviewing results of self-testing, and performing independent tests of controls to ensure compliance with SOX regulation as well as the company's policies.
- Work with Compliance Manager and regional VPs or their delegates to develop new policies and procedures and/or controls to match the evolving review and reporting environment.
- Assists in the coordination and review of the quarterly internal control self assessment.
- Develop new and update existing company policies and procedures.
- Test and assess the company’s internal policies and procedures to ensure continued compliance.
- Continuous reassessment of the current risk environment based upon environmental and economic influences. Recommend changes to internal controls based upon those changes.
- Recommend standardized best practices that support the development of a common control environment.
- Other duties and special projects as they arise.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- Must have knowledge of SOX compliance requirements.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in public accounting or a compliance role which included SOX compliance.
- Experience in developing and testing a compliance program.
- The ability to write technical accounting position and policy documents.
- Proficient level with Microsoft Excel (i.e. pivot table, filter data vlookups).
- Must have strong organizational, administration, and time management skills to effectively coordinate testing activities at regional and local sites nationwide.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Exceptional complex problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a superior sense of ethics.
McClatchy is both a leading Digital Media Company and Publisher offering news, information and marketing solutions in many of the nation's best markets. Every day, our talented employees create and deliver award-winning journalism and advertising solutions to growing audiences and businesses. Our digital and print publication lineup includes iconic brands such as the Miami Herald,The Charlotte Observer and The (Raleigh) News and Observer, to name a few. McClatchy is headquartered in Sacramento, Calif., and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol MNI.