Senior Engineer - Software Engineering
Employer Name: MAXIMUS, Inc.
Position Title: Senior Engineer - Software Engineering
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
I: Essential Job Functions:
- Senior member of software development team responsible for the development, implementation and post deployment support of enterprise applications.
- Architect advanced to complex system solutions, solicit and incorporate inputs from technical and operational teams and document for consumption of development and testing teams.
- Develop complex software programs, with clear and succinct code documentation, that meet the written and oral functional requirements provided by customer.
- Fix defects in the home-grown applications or third-party software according to written and oral specifications.
- Perform database design and create scripts to create and modify database objects.
- Work on deliverables, such as data analysis, client report requests etc. with minimal to no guidance from Development Manager or senior developers. Assist junior members of the staff by providing direction on customer requests and performing code review to ensure quality outcomes.
- Actively participate and contribute in SDLC activities such as solution design, work effort estimation, assisting peers with technical challenges and code reviews.
- Works very closely with operations team and acquire expert understanding of the business processes and develop unit and integration test scenarios in accordance with system requirements and business process changes. Provide expert advice to the testing team to create test data manually and/or systematically to test software programs.
- Perform production support activities such as monitor system processes, evaluate the outcome of system processes, work through system exceptions, and create processes to monitor and report on the overall system health.
- Work independently to understand the assigned work, deliver on agreed upon dates and raise issues/risks in a timely manner in case of risk to deliverables.
- Create/modify artifacts and deliverables expected from the SDLC and change management process such as project charter, proposed solution documents etc.
- Follow the SDLC and change management processes adopted by the organization. Participate in change management meetings to provide impact assessment of requested change, update the defect tracking system with most up to date information and perform release management tasks as assigned by Development manager.
II: Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical/Electronics Engineering and 8 years of experience designing, developing and maintaining healthcare administration services and/or health insurance software applications.
III: Special Skills Requirements:
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to VictoriaArrellano@maximus.com with the "Senior Engineer - Software Engineering (CA-3266)" position in the subject line. No telephone calls, please.
MAXIMUS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.