Marist College welcomes applications for the position of HR Generalist. Be part of the College’s next chapter, ready to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world. This position plays an integral role in the Office of Human Resources by providing services to advance the College’s current and future talent needs through strategic talent acquisition, employee onboarding, and people development efforts.
This role will support the talent function through optimization of the ATS, efficient delivery of recruitment and new hire processes, and exceptional internal and external service. The HR Generalist will be technologically savvy, innovative, collaborative, possess excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, HR Concentration, or related field or an Associate's degree in Business Administration, HR Concentration, or related field and at least 2 years of relevant experience in Human Resources.
- Provide strong candidate care by ensuring timely and relevant communication.
- Collaborate with key campus stakeholders in the development and optimization of the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Demonstrate outstanding internal and external customer service and communication.
- Assist in daily recruitment functions including job posting and requisition management.
- Serve as primary backup to the Talent Acquisition Specialist.
- Coordinate new employee onboarding process from offer acceptance to new employee orientation
- Responsible for processing temporary hires in the ERP system.
- Create and maintain recruitment resources, procedures, and training documents.
- Assist in entry of essential and confidential employee information and pay data into Banner while ensuring accuracy.
- Work closely with Payroll and Budget functions to monitor Budget lines and finances relating to the recruitment process.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of recruitment and employment training and development activities.
- Assist with department communications through content creation.
- 1+ years experience using an ATS and/or HRIS
- PHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification(s)
- Prior HR experience preferred
Required Application Documents:
Resume, Cover Letter, & Contact Information of 3 Professional References
About the Department/School:
In strategic partnership with the Marist community, the Office of Human Resources is committed to cultivating an equitable and distinctive workplace. We do this through the attraction, development, and recognition of a diverse and talented workforce. Our team provides effective services and solutions in support of the College's mission and core values, including:
- Benefits and Compensation
- Compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws
- Employee and Labor relations
- Learning and Development
- Organizational Development & Strategic Planning
- Performance Management
- Policy Development and Interpretation
- Recruitment and Retention
About Marist College:
Located on the banks of the historic Hudson River and at its Florence, Italy campus, Marist College is a comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts. Its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community of the 21st century.” Marist educates approximately 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students and 1,200 adult and graduate students in 53 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs, including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees, and also Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs. Marist is consistently ranked among the best colleges and universities in America by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 386 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (3rd Most Innovative School/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others. Marist’s study abroad program is ranked #2 in the nation by the U.S. State Department’s “Open Doors Report” and has also received the Senator Paul Simon Award for First Year Abroad programs in Italy and Ireland. Marist’s Joint Study partnership with IBM, which began in 1988, has brought the College the kind of world-class technology platform typically found at leading research institutions. To learn more, please visit https://www.marist.edu/about
Equal Employment Statement:
Marist College is committed to creating a diverse workforce on our campus by ensuring that barriers to equal employment opportunity and upward mobility do not exist here. To this end, the College will strive to achieve the full and fair participation of minorities, women, people with disabilities, and any other protected groups found to be under represented.
Equal opportunity means employment, development, and promotion of individuals without consideration of race, color, disability, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, or veteran status unless there is a bona fide occupational requirement which excludes persons in one of these protected groups. The College will review its employment policies and procedures to ensure that barriers which may unnecessarily exclude protected groups are identified and eliminated. The College will also explore alternative approaches if any policy or practice is found to have a negative impact on protected groups.
Marist's policy of non-discrimination includes not only employment practices but also extends to all services and programs provided by the College. It shall be considered a violation of College policy for any member of the community to discriminate against any individual or group with respect to employment or attendance at Marist College on the basis of race, color, disability, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other condition established by law.
Quicklink to apply: http://careers.marist.edu/cw/en-us/job/493343?lApplicationSubSourceID=