Plumber - JourneymanLODI UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
LODI UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
PLUMBER – JOURNEY LEVEL
Maintenance & Operations
$21.12 - $25.68 per hour
Apply at Lodi USD, 1305 E. Vine St, Lodi or visit www.lodiusd.net for application
BASIC FUNCTION: Perform journey-level work in the plumbing trade in the alteration, remodeling and repair of District plumbing systems in buildings and grounds.
Essential Duty Individual positions may not perform all of the duties listed nor do these examples include all responsibilities of positions in this class.
- Plan, install and maintain gas and water lines, sprinklers and sewage systems; perform emergency repairs on water, gas and sewer lines.
- Install, maintain, repair and replace water heaters, water tanks, sinks, faucets, toilets, garbage disposals, urinals, drinking fountains, showers and other fixtures.
- Unplug sewer drain lines; perform treatment and maintenance of District septic tanks.
- Inspect and maintain water pumps and tanks; treat, maintain and repair District well systems; repair and replace water heaters.
- Read blueprints, prepare simple sketches, prepare material lists and lay out work.
- Perform a variety of preventive maintenance tasks.
- Operate a variety of plumbing machinery and tools, and maintain them in good order.
- Repair a variety of valves.
- Train and provide work direction to others in plumbing and associated maintenance work; assist others in maintenance projects as assigned.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE OF: Principles, methods, equipment, tools and materials of journey-level plumbing work. Applicable mechanical, electrical, plumbing and safety codes and regulations. Basic record-keeping techniques.
ABILITY TO: Perform journey-level work in the repair, inspection, servicing, installation and alteration of plumbing and irrigation systems and related equipment. Read, understand and work from blueprints. Operate equipment such as power roto-rooters, power snakes and a variety of power and hand tools. Understand and follow oral and written instructions. Communicate effectively with others. Prepare and maintain service and repair records. Diagnose malfunctions and determine repair needs. Work independently with minimal supervision. Work efficiently to meet schedules and deadlines. Observe legal and defensive driving practices. Work cooperatively with others. Maintain work pace appropriate to given workload.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Any combination equivalent to: high school diploma or equivalent supplemented by completion of a recognized plumbing apprenticeship program and increasingly responsible journey-level experience in plumbing installation, maintenance and repair work.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Valid California driver’s license.