Administrative Support Clerk
Administrative Support Clerk – Mother Lode Regional Office
Founded in 1956, Legal Services of Northern California (LSNC) provides high quality civil legal assistance to people with low income, older adults, and people with disabilities in 23 northern California counties. The Mother Lode Regional Office serves six counties: Placer, El Dorado, Nevada, Amador, Calaveras and Sierra.
Under the supervision of the Managing Attorney, the Administrative Support Clerk performs a
variety of administrative support duties in direct support of professional staff.
1. Reception duties – including, but not limited to, check voice messages, return calls, obtain client eligibility information, schedule appointments, and make appropriate referrals.
2. Edit and prepare documents in conformance with the applicable style and format rules using Microsoft Word and Google Documents.
3. Edit and prepare legal documents in conformance with applicable court rules.
4. Pick-up, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail, express/parcel shipments, and daily outgoing mail drop.
5. Maintain postage meter, photocopier, fax machine, and other office equipment.
6. Photocopy, collate, scan, and related functions, including the reproduction of self-help packets, outreach materials, and office forms.
7. Obtain, enter, and retrieve data – including, but not limited to running data reports and collecting data from sources outside LSNC.
8. Maintain shared electronic and litigation and discovery files, chronological files, and administrative files.
9. Assist with the distribution of outreach materials and program information.
10. File court papers and process serving.
11. Attend appropriate training sessions and seminars. Serve on LSNC committees, when appropriate.
12. Assist with supervising and training volunteers and staff on appropriate non-legal issues.
13. Perform additional duties as assigned consistent with qualifications.
KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of legal terminology; community resources; general office procedures; operation of office machines, i.e., computer, word processor, copier, telephone equipment, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Google Documents, Google Sheets, and Google Slides.
SKILLS: Professional and courteous manner, excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to relate to client and legal communities, good organizational skills, ability to interact effectively with the public and employees, ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion and tact; ability to work independently in the absence of specific instruction, and use good judgment to make decisions appropriate to this level of responsibility. Ability to operate a computer; type accurately (45 w.p.m.); independently compose correspondence and write reports using correct English, spelling, grammar and punctuation; pay attention to detail in all work to be performed; see work through to its logical conclusion; good proofreading ability; to work under pressure; ability to speak a second language desired (relating to client community need), but not required.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Minimum of two years (2) experience, including clerical, extensive phone and public contact. High school diploma or equivalent.
SALARY RANGE: $2,917 - $3,321 per month, DOE
BENEFITS: Legal Services of Northern California offers an excellent fringe benefit plan.
LSNC PROVIDES A BILINGUAL BONUS FOR EMPLOYEES WHO ARE PROFICIENT IN SPEAKING A SECOND LANGUAGE, OTHER THAN ENGLISH, COMMONLY SPOKEN BY CLIENTS WHEN THE SECOND LANGUAGE IS USED ON THE JOB FOR WHICH THE PERSON IS EMPLOYED
LSNC IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND ENCOURAGES WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, OLDER PEOPLE AND LESBIAN, GAY, BIS