Director of Auction & EventsJESUIT HIGH SCHOOL
Deadline is August 6, 2018
The Director of Auction and Events supports staff, programs and activities that advance the mission of the school, with a focus on Gala & PACE Auction, special events and volunteer liaison. This full-time position provides strong administrative support with minimal supervision. The Director of Auction and Events reports to the Executive Director of Development. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a high degree of energy and enthusiasm for his/her role at JHS.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Auction and Events is responsible for planning and executing all events hosted by the Office of the President and the Office of Advancement, including the annual PACE Gala and Auction plus collaborates with administration, faculty, staff, volunteer groups and alumni for fundraising and other cultivation events. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project manager for PACE Gala and Auction, which includes fundraising, securing donations, theme, Auction events, invitation design, organizing committees and building relationships for awareness of the event in the community.
- Oversees the gift data-entry process and Auction catalog utilizing the auction software program.
- Manages the Auction database in partnership with the volunteers and staff.
- Organizes mailings for events.
- Creates timelines for all Office of Advancement events.
- Inventories and maintains supplies used for events.
- Works in close partnership with Volunteer leadership including Loyola Guild & Boosters Club.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of two years event coordination
- Excellent creativity, planning and organizational skills, and attention to detail. Ability to multitask and manage multiple events simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent customer care skills; the ability to work with donors, and develop and supervise volunteers
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-starter, ability to work without direct supervision; High degree of energy and enthusiasm
- Flexibility with work schedule; availability to work evenings and weekends as required, with some overnight travel
- Ability to work with sensitive information, and maintain complete confidentiality
- Ability to develop and supervise volunteers, and delegate when necessary
- Values consistent with the mission of Jesuit, Catholic education
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- College degree
- Computer Skills: Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Auction software, Web & In-Design
- Previous experience in event planning or a related field, or experience at a Jesuit school
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- View a computer screen for extended periods
- Occasional lifting of boxes up to 30+ lbs.
- Assist in event set-up (arranging tables and chairs, etc.)
- Normal business office environment
- Work extended hours, including evenings and weekends, during events
HOW TO APPLY:
A job application, cover letter, and resume should be submitted electronically by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Deadline for applications is August 6, 2018.
Firmly rooted in Jesuit ideals and Catholic educational tradition, Jesuit provides a dynamic environment for academic,spiritual and social growth. For nearly 50 years, Jesuit High School has challenged students with a rigorous academic program in the classical, Jesuit tradition. Today, that tradition continues through a comprehensive study of the liberal arts and a strong commitment to a Jesuit mission that prepares students for college and beyond.