Admissions DirectorJESUIT HIGH SCHOOL
JESUIT HIGH SCHOOL
Now hiring for the position of
Deadline to apply is Friday, August 24, 2018.
Jesuit offers a generous salary and benefits package, a friendly/dedicated staff and motivated students
STATEMENT OF MISSION:
Jesuit High School of Sacramento is a Roman Catholic college preparatory dedicated to forming competent young men into conscientious leaders in compassionate service to others for the greater glory of God.
The Director of Admissions is directly accountable to the President of Jesuit High School. The Director of Admissions works closely with the Principal. The Director of Admissions is responsible for the enlistment and coordination of candidates for the school. The Director of Admissions works closely with the Communications Department as it relates to promoting admissions for the school.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Chairs the Admissions Committee.
- Oversees the development of the annual calendar of events for Admissions.
- Plans all admission activities from application through enrollment to ensure concise information is prepared and distributed.
- Reviews all admission applications and compiles relevant information.
- Meets with admissions team for applicant review and selection.
- Coordinates the interview process for prospective applicants for admission.
- Promotes Jesuit High School by working with area elementary and middle schools’ administrators.
- Promotes Jesuit High School to potential families through campus tours, parent/family meetings, school events and phone calls.
- Works with other Admission Directors of area schools to support and coordinate the admissions efforts.
- Works closely with the Communications Office and reviews current application/admissions materials, to include brochure, admissions video, application, promotion items, advertising.
- Manages the preparation of all admission letters and mailings.
- Prepares department budget with assistance of the Business Office.
- Serves on the Calendar Committee.
- In-Class visits and presentations to 7th and 8th Grade boys in regional Catholic / Private Schools
- Promote Open House and JHS leading up to Open House and Application season.
Open House and Shadow Days
- Manages and oversees schedule and activities for Open House each October.
- Coordinates faculty, staff and students and assigns and schedules duties for the Open House event
- Responsible for the theme (decorations), catering and presentations to the prospective families and students of the Open House event.
- Plans and implements the Shadow days for visiting students.
- Greets visiting students.
High School Placement Test
- Works with other Catholic high schools to calendar the high school placement test.
- Receives and distributes high school placement test results to applicants, administrators and faculty.
- Works with Admissions team and Curriculum Department to place students in appropriate courses.
- College degree required.
- Two years of experience in admissions at the high school or college level preferred.
- Marketing skills preferred.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of ages, particularly middle-school age.
- Good organization and time management skills necessary.
- Computer literacy, experience with School Admin admissions software a plus.
- Ability to commute to area schools for admissions presentations.
- Operate various types of office equipment.
- Occasional lifting up to 30 lbs.
If interested in this exciting job opportunity, please forward your resume, cover letter, and completed Administration Application by August 24, 2018.
A Jesuit Administrative Application can be found on our website: www.jesuithighschool.org/job
All application materials can be forwarded to:
Chief Financial Officer
Jesuit High School
1200 Jacob Lane
Carmichael, CA 95608
Jesuit High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer