Program Assistant, LEC
Program Assistant, LEC
The George Mason University Law & Economics Center at the Antonin Scalia Law School is searching for a Program Assistant. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Department:
The Law & Economics Center (LEC) at George Mason University’s Antonin Scalia Law School is a national center for research and education that focuses on timely and relevant economic analysis of legal and public policy issues. To fulfill its education mission, the LEC provides dynamic training programs in law and economics to sophisticated audiences including judges, academics, lawyers, government authorities and staff members, and attorneys general and their senior staff.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for supporting the LEC by managing educational programs for academics, lawyers, government authorities and staff members, judges, and attorneys general and their senior staff. Working closely with all LEC Program Managers and Program Assistants, the LEC Program Assistant will recruit to attract attendees, market LEC educational programs, manage program registration and databases, act as primary contact for assigned programs, manage event timelines and task lists, prepare content for websites and marketing materials, create and manage the LEC’s social media presence, prepare event materials, provide on-site program management including webinars, manage program close out and reporting, and provide regular reports on assigned activities and events. The Program Assistant will act as regular and back up support to all LEC Program Managers and Program Assistants.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The ideal candidate will be:
- Self-motivated, detailed-oriented, accuracy-driven, possess excellent organizational skills, and have the ability to work independently while handling multiple tasks and priorities;
- Professional demeanor and have the ability to interact with high-level professionals;
- Effective written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn how to convey effectively an understanding of the importance of economic analysis to LEC program attendees;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products and their capabilities; and
- Able to work some flexible hours (early mornings and evenings) and some weekends, and must be available for travel domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience; and
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with database management;
- Experience with the use of social media for marketing purposes; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of the structure of the United States legal system.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 10490z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.