Professional Accountant 2 529383
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
Professional Accountant 2 – 529383
Primary responsibility for the integrity of all financial transactions related to use of the Central Reservation system. Works with various levels of management to ensure proper reflection in the General Ledger. Develops procedures and recommends policy changes on financial matters under the direction of senior personnel. Manages the finances of the Central Reservation Office's operations.
- Responsible for the accuracy of Central Reservation System (EMS) payment transactions in the general ledger. Reconciles EMS records against the general ledger and works with the Office of the Controller and the units to troubleshoot and document any discrepancies. Reconciles Cash Received to Revenue Activity Report
- Responsible for accurately and timely performing the weekly billing process per established procedures: reviewing the Billing Worksheet for discrepancies and notifying Event Managers, invoicing all correctly submitted reservations, uploading all internal transactions to the general ledger for posting, working with units to resolve budget exceptions.
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of reimbursement requests. Identifies and manages any conflict with cancellation policies. Calculates and timely prepares billing reimbursements. Reconciles reimbursement requests with the general ledger.
- Researches, disputes and processes credit card chargebacks. Retains complete documentation on chargebacks in an organized, secure manner as required by department and university policies and procedures. Prepares journal entries for credit card transactions. Reconciles EMS credit card transactions with online credit card statements and general ledger.
- Utilizes comprehensive knowledge and specialized analysis to assist in the development of strategic plans and long-term forecasts for the consideration of the Steering Council. Creates, maintains and provides financial reports and ad hoc queries related to the Central Reservation system on a regular basis or as required. Analyzes the aggregate and unit level financial performance of units using the Central Reservation system and presents summary findings, key insights and recommendations to the Associate Director.
- Provides guidance on Central Reservation billing to financial staff at all levels throughout the university and to external customers. Acts of overall billing liaison responding to billing inquiries and working to resolve billing disputes in accordance with departmental guidelines. Maintains reservable office hours for ad hoc support on financial matters.
- Develops and routinely updates training materials on the billing function of the Central Reservation system. Creates and manages a regular training schedule to provide training for expense and budget managers and other financial personnel on the billing process of the Central Reservation system. Provides dedicated situational training to units as part of the on-boarding process. Develops and maintains billing procedural documentation. Trains other Central Reservation Office personnel with financial function responsibilities, as needed.
- Participates with on-boarding new units to the Central Reservation system including Billing configuration. Ensures data integrity as it pertains to rate sheets, pricing plans, discounts, calculations etc.
- Assists the Associate Director in development of the expense budget. Responsible for management of the Central Reservation Office's operational expenses. Assists in the month-end and quarter-end close process including variance analysis.
- Retains, organizes and secures all financial records related to the Central Reservation Office according to the university's record retention policy. Prepares financial and/or auditor statements and schedules, as needed.
- Performs essential duties in any emergencies such as hurricanes, storms, and/or any other university emergency closing. The employee is expected to be available to report to work as needed during university emergency closing with appropriate notification of a department administrator.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, and two (2) years of directly related experience or a Master's degree in Accounting or an MBA and four (4) years of directly related accounting experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency in EMS scheduling software preferred
- Proficiency in Cvent/Social Tables Diagramming Software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 (including SharePoint)
Job Category: Administrative
Advertised Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
- Begin time: 8:30AM
- End time: 5:00PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Driver's License Check
- Fingerprinting Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
For further information or to apply, please visit careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 529383
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.