Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Library Associate to join our team of professionals.
- Staffs the circulation desk: checks in/out and renews books and other library materials for library users using automated circulation system.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Provides general information on library services and the use of library facilities, as well as answers questions from library users regarding basic circulation policies (loan periods, recalls, holds, shelving and borrowing).
- Advises patrons on the location of materials, the use of automated search systems, the use of library equipment, the online catalog and the library's website.
- Provides basic reference services to users such as answering routine requests for information using standard reference sources.
- Verifies and assists with correcting citations using standard print and online resources.
- Processes inter library loan transactions by photocopying books and other library materials while maintaining relevant files.
- Maintains public areas of library in order (tables, study areas, etc.); sort and shelve books and other library materials.
- Maintains library usage statistics.
High school diploma or GED and two (2) years of related experience.
2 or more year's recent circulation or related library experience preferred. Ability to work flexible hours preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 526280. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.