Assistant Director of Finance - 529376
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
Assistant Director of Finance – 529376
Assists the Associate Vice President in preparing, allocating and overseeing all aspects of fiscal operations for the Department including budget, procurement, travel documentation, accounts payable and receivable and accounting related issues. Assists with tracking, monitoring and reporting the variances throughout the fiscal year. Addresses and communicates any budget issues and assists with the implementation of accounting and operational guidelines, rules and processes. Prepares financial reports to internal and external sources. Reviews monthly reconciliations and financial transaction to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinates and consolidates the annual operating budget areas for the Department. Prepares monthly reports. Analyzes and advises deficits and surplus in the Department. Prepares monthly financial reports, comparative analysis and graphs. Monitors expenditures of all department activities, including salary, overtime, etc.
- Performs financial analysis for forecasting and strategy development options. Develops workload performance reports and correlates with staffing needs to optimize labor efficiencies. Acts as liaison with financial staff within the business units and centrally in preparation of financial reports.
- Manages fiscal department's accounts payable and receivables, compiles data for analysis for all revenue collected. Oversees the requisition process. Assists with purchase of new equipment and obtaining quotes and procurement. Oversees the purchasing process, approves purchase orders and invoice payments for all areas. Supervises the collection of invoices. Reports and deficits to the Associate Vice President.
- Compiles sales and revenue collection of annual reports Reviews audits Pay by Phone, credit card and cash transactions for Modesto Maidique Campus (MMC) and Biscayne Bay Campus (BBC) office.
- Oversees Sign Shop operations including inventory control and sign revenue and costs.
- Performs essential duties in any emergencies such as hurricanes, public health emergencies, and/or any other university emergency closing. The employee is expected to be available to report to work as needed during university emergency closing with appropriate notification of a department administrator.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline and six (6) years of experience in associated discipline or Master's degree and four (4) years of experience in related field.
Job Category: Administrative
Advertised Salary: $70,000 - $75,000
- Begin time: 8:30AM
- End time: 5:00PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Driver's License Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to Travel to FIU Locations and/or FIU Campuses.
For further information or to apply, please visit http://careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 529376
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.