Assistant Brand Manager - Wynwood, FL - 529402
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
Assistant Brand Manager – Wynwood, FL – 529402
The Brand Coordinator for the South Beach Wine & Food Festival® will work closely with the Marketing and PR department to meet marketing and brand objectives, assist with strategic planning, help execute creative brand, communication, and marketing projects and be responsible for creating visually appealing designs that promote our brand.
- Works side by side with the Marketing and PR team to develop creative concepts and branding strategies that align with our business objectives.
- Assists with execution and delivery of the Festival's multi-million dollar marketing and communications plan.
- Designs and produces marketing materials, including, but not limited to print and digital ads, brochures, flyers, menus, signage, proposals, sponsorship presentations, and social media content.
- Liaise with the freelance marketing and design teams to execute goals and objectives.
- Creates visual assets for the company website, including icons, graphics, and product images.
- Writes clear and concise messaging that aligns with the brand.
- Saves and archives files for publication or marketing materials.
- Manages the department's organizational tracking platform and photography catalog. Conducts post-production work color adjustments, enlarging/cropping, etc.
- Ensures all designs are consistent with our brand guidelines and maintain a high level of quality.
- Works with external vendors, such as printers, to ensure all materials are produced to the highest quality and standards.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously, from conception to completion, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Continuously research industry trends and new design techniques to maintain our competitive edge.
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
- Experience in Graphic design.
- Experience working in the hospitality industry.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, including PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing and communication strategies. Familiarity with print production processes and web design principles.
Job Category: Administrative
Advertised Salary: $45,000 - $50,000
- Begin time: 8:30AM
- End time: 5:00PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and at locations outside of the University
- Ability to Travel to FIU Locations and/or FIU Campuses.
For further information or to apply, please visit careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 529402
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.