Administrative Support for Outreach and Education at Center for Environmental Studies (CES)
The Center for Environmental Studies at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Administrative Support for Outreach and Education at Center for Environmental Studies (CES) - Davie, FL.
The Center for Environmental Studies (www.ces.fau.edu) is offering a part-time Administrative Assistant position that will support CES’ research, outreach, and education programs on FAU’s Davie Campus.
This position’s responsibilities will be to provide direct support to CES’ Director, Assistant Director, Budget and Administrative Coordinator, and CES’ Research & Outreach Coordinator. Primary responsibilities will include administrative and fiscal related tasks; meeting, workshop and events preparation and logistical activities; and support for media and outreach activities. This position’s tasks will include assisting with:
- Managing the Director’s calendar in Microsoft Outlook.
- Maintaining databases and routine fiscal tasks in Workday.
- Assistance with CES’s multimedia projects, including creating videos and graphics.
- Assistance with the design of promotional materials.
- Supporting CES’ virtual or in-person meetings and workshops, including coordination of event logistics, registration and outreach, along with presentation and materials support.
- Email and phone correspondences.
- Scheduling, note taking and dissemination of minutes for meetings and conference calls.
- When appropriate, attendance at all technical meetings/workshops (often held in Broward County).
- Writing project summaries for CES’ website and outreach materials.
- Projects relating to research on climate change and sea level rise issues, including multimedia components.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Must be ambitious, communicative, confident, creative, detailed oriented, enthusiastic, and proactive.
The ideal candidate should a hard-working, reliable organized and capable of working independently and as a member of a team.
Proficiency in proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, along with video and graphic production & editing related programs, such as Camtasia, Adobe Premier, Photoshop or other Adobe Creative Cloud applications required.
Familiarity with social media and workshop-related activities is preferred.
Must be available to work to maximum 40 hours/week with fixed schedules.
Must be able to work onsite. There is no remote option for this position.
For more information and to apply, visit www.fau.edu/jobs and go to Apply Now REQ13450.
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access institution and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status or other protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711.
FAU is committed to the principles of engaged teaching, research and service. All persons aspiring to achieve excellence in the practice of these principles are encouraged to apply.