Fishing CrewFISHERMEN'S FINEST
Fishermen's Finest is accepting applications (kept on file for 3 months) for work aboard our proven vessels (F/V American No.1 160' & F/V US Intrepid 185') at sea off the coast of Alaska.
Apply online: http://bit.ly/FFapplication
Traits that will serve you well as a member of our crew include:
- Positive Attitude
Our vessels operate nearly 11 months out of the year, departing Anacortes, WA approximately January 10th and returning in December; during that time, we operate 24 hours/day, 7 days/week. As a member of the crew, you would be expected to be at sea 7-21 days per fishing trip. Ports of call in Alaska vary during the year; primarily Dutch Harbor, but also may include Togiak, St. Paul Island, Kodiak, Seward, etc. We will go over this in more detail during the interview process.
- You must provide your own work clothing
- You must provide your own bedding & hygiene items
- You must be willing to work a 16 hour shift per day, with a 30 minute meal break after 8 hours
- You must follow the orders/direction of your supervisor and/or superiors aboard the vessel
- You must follow all safety and quality rules and notify a superior of any safety deficiencies noted while aboard the vessel
- Prior Industrial Safety training a plus
- At sea experience with fish preferred but not required
- Effective verbal communication
- US Citizen or Green Card holder
Fishermen’s Finest’s outstanding crew, exceptional fishing vessels and dedicated office staff work together to produce the highest quality fish products available, which demand top dollar in the worldwide marketplace. We are a respected, independent American fishing company that manages a fleet of two catcher/processor vessels operating in the multi-spp. fisheries of the North Pacific and Bering Sea. We are very proud of our fleet of vessels and consider our crew and boats to be the best in the business. Our vessels are impeccably maintained and top producers in their class.
Fishermen’s Finest has a rich tradition of pioneering in the fishing industry of the North Pacific and Bering Sea that dates back to 1967. CEO/COO Helena Park, pioneer of the U.S. Head and Gut (“H&G”) fisheries, has lead the FFI team since 1986 and is an integral force in the establishment of the H&G fishing business, expanding product sales on a global basis, utilizing all fish products, overseeing stewardship of the resources and vessel operations. Ms. Park demands nothing but the best from all who work with Fishermen’s Finest. ‘Clear water runs from the top’ and we constantly strive to elevate our Companies’ operations and management to a higher level than may be customary in the fishing industry.
Fishermen’s Finest – a team of excellence – our name says it all.
www.FishermensFinest.com Twitter @FishFinest