Chief Business Official/Assistant Superintendent of Business Services (Senior Management)Enterprise Elementary School District
Under the supervision of the Superintendent, performs administrative, supervisory, and management functions and shall be in charge of the Business Services Department; including acting as a liaison between district, county, and state officials. These include, but are not limited to, overall District responsibility for transportation, risk management, cafeteria, budget and finance (including payroll and commercial warrant responsibility), facilities, and deferred maintenance. Carries overall responsibility for the various functions and departments assigned and will perform other duties which reasonably relate to the above.
Salary: $119,091 - $150,181, degree stipends, 403(b) match after 12 months employment and benefits package
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Coordinates the activities of the Business Services Department with the schools, support services, and the Superintendent’s Office.
- Prepares plans for the use, maintenance, and rehabilitation of existing buildings and assists in the preparation of plans for the construction of new buildings.
- Responsible for supervision of all major repairs to buildings and responsibility for the bid process.
- Has overall responsibility in the areas of accounting, payroll, commercial warrants, attendance, insurance, food service, transportation, and maintenance and operations.
- Has primary responsibility for budget development.
- Responsible for various committees as may be assigned by the Superintendent.
- Prepares recommendations to the Superintendent on matters pertaining to the Business Services Department.
- Participates in Collective Bargaining as the administrator responsible for financial aspects of the process.
- Communicates with other administrators, EESD personnel and outside organizations to coordinate activities, programs and projects, resolves issues and conflicts, and exchange information; interacts, services and collaborates with districts, County Offices and other agencies on various business services matters; conducts staff meetings to communicate ideas and resolve issues.
- Develops and prepares the annual budget for the District and Business Services Department.
- Analyzes and reviews budgetary and financial data.
- Controls and authorizes expenditures in accordance with established limitations.
- Attends all Board meetings and other meetings at the direction of the Superintendent.
- Attends all Principal/Administrators Committee (AC) and serves as a regular member of the Superintendent’s Cabinet.
- Operates a computer and various assigned software programs using database, spreadsheet, word processing and email.
- Operates other office equipment as assigned
- Drives a vehicle to conduct work.
- Reviews and interprets highly technical information, writes technical materials and/or speaks persuasively to implement desired actions.
- Analyzes situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; education codes; personnel management.
- Ability is required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups.
- In working with others, problem solving is required to analyze issues, create plans of action and reach solutions.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned by the Superintendent.