Administrative Assistant IIElk Grove Water District
Full-time Regular position ($22.02-$26.77) with benefits.
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Administrator, this position will be assigned to support multiple departments in performing a variety of administrative functions as needed; as such this position will assist the general public, receiving and processing utility payments; providing technical and administrative support related to hiring, discipline, resource materials, benefits, policies, and personnel records; prepares and assembles reports, manuals, and other materials and distributes to internal and external customers, and the Board of Directors.
For a complete job announcement and to retrieve application, please see EGWD website www.egwd.org.
EGWD application, resume, certified typing certificate with a minimum of 50 wpm and 5-yr driving record must be received by Thursday, November 30, 2017, by 5:00 PM; please send to Human Resources; Elk Grove Water District, 9257 Elk Grove Blvd., Elk Grove, CA 95624.
Elk Grove Water District is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is at-will.
Examples of Duties: The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this job, the level of knowledge, the skills typically required and the scope of responsibility. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required as assigned.
- Performs a variety of administrative support duties.
- Provides support to the Human Resources Administrator; related to hiring, discipline, resource materials, benefits, and policies.
- Assists in distributing information regarding human resource issues and policies to District staff.
- Assists the Human Resources Administrator in maintaining personnel records.
- Maintains confidentiality with all personnel matters.
- Attends division, department, and meetings of the Board of Directors; assists the Board Secretary with meeting set up and tear down; and assists with taking notes and preparing the meeting minutes as required or assigned.
- Creates and edits a variety of forms related to the operations of assigned department.
- Types, proofreads, formats, and processes a variety of complex documents and forms including general correspondence, memos, statistical charts, public notice advertisements, reports, RFP’s and RFQ’s; and assembles a variety of reports, information and meeting binders, and related documentation.
- Receives and responds to questions from the public either over the phone or in person.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes mail while providing coverage in the Finance Department.
- Receives and processes utility payments; researches billing errors; and balances cash drawer while providing coverage in the Finance Department.
- Receives calls and dispatches to appropriate field staff; opens and closes work orders.
- Waits on the general public, providing information on District programs, policies and procedures.
- Performs data entry.
- Prepares and assembles reports, manuals, and other materials and distributes to internal and external customers, and the Board of Directors.
- Files and maintains projects and associated contracts.
- Maintains certified payroll as required or assigned.
- Performs document management; develops, maintains, indexes, and archives a variety of files and records for information related to a division or operation; maintains manuals and updates resource materials.
- Maintains a variety of statistical records; checks and tabulates statistical data; prepares routine reports.
- Sorts, files documents, and records; maintains alphabetical index, and cross-reference files.
- Operates standard office equipment including word processing applications as assigned; performs duties spreadsheet programs and other applications specific to assigned operations.
- Applies District policies, procedures, administrative directives, and laws and regulations in response to inquiries or complaints; refers inquiries as appropriate.
- Builds and maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers, other District employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Performs other related work as required or assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Perform a variety of office support duties for an assigned unit, division, or department. Learn policies and procedures of assigned functions.
- Perform routine office support work including the maintenance of appropriate records and preparation of general reports.
- Effectively multi-task.
- Accurately perform routine mathematical calculations.
- Effectively use a personal computer and office equipment necessary for successful job performance.
- Perform 10-key proficiently.
- Type at a rate of 50 words per minute.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Intermittently review documents related to department operations; observe, identify and problem solve office operations and procedures.
- Understand interpret and explain department policies and procedures.
- Problem solves office issues for internal and external customers.
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Principles of customer service.
- Basic mathematics.
- Modern office procedures and methods.
- Windows & Windows based programs.
Desirable Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Two to three years of administrative support experience.
Certification and License Required:
- Possession of a valid Class C California Driver’s License
- Must be insurable with a clean DMV record
- Possession of a typing certificate with the ability to type at a rate of 50 words per minute.