Commercial Driver Needed - Warehouse Worker IElk Grove Unified School District
ELK GROVE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
WAREHOUSE WORKER I-FOOD AND NUTRITION SERVICES
Application and class description available at: www.egusd.net
Equal Opportunity Employer
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, assist in the receiving, storing, rotation, issuing and delivery of food, food service equipment and food service supplies.
Warehouse Worker I-Food and Nutrition Services incumbents assist in the receiving, storing, rotation, issuing and occasional delivery of food, food service equipment and food service supplies in the warehouse. Warehouse Worker II-Food and Nutrition Services incumbents are responsible for scheduling and coordinating with the site Leads the daily delivery of the supplies, equipment and food to school sites and maintain the delivery vehicle in proper working order.
- Receive, unload, tag, store and inventory dry goods, fresh and frozen foods and non-consumable supplies in a safe, orderly and efficient manner.
- Pull warehouse, cooler and freezer items for the food production staff.
- Receive daily requisitions and fill orders according to established procedures; pick and stage food and supply orders for delivery to schools; deliver food and supplies to school kitchens in the absence of the driver.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in warehouse, coolers and freezers.
- Operate delivery truck, forklift, manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Input daily receipts into computer; input daily requisitions into computer as needed.
- Serve as central point of contact for Food Processing Center production regarding daily requisitions and will calls.
- Maintain daily communication with Food and Nutrition Services Buyer regarding deliveries and inventory; assist Buyer as needed.
- Report quality control problems to the Food and Nutrition Services Production Supervisor.
- Follow appropriate food safety procedures while performing the duties.
- Deliver food and supplies to school kitchens in the Food and Nutrition Services van as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Safe handling, rotation and storage of food.
- Proper loading and unloading of trucks.
- Operation of equipment and machines used in the receipt, storage and shipping of food service supplies and equipment.
- Operation of a computer and data entry techniques.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Proper lifting techniques.
- Space utilization and inventory techniques.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Learn warehouse procedures, including methods of proper and orderly storage of various food, supplies and equipment.
- Perform physical and clerical duties involved in the rotation and proper handling of food service supplies and equipment.
- Operate a light truck, forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse machines and equipment.
- Assist in maintaining inventory.
- Maintain routine records.
- Operate a computer terminal.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Prioritize and schedule work.
- Speak, read and write English at a level required for satisfactory performance.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer and various warehouse equipment.
- Reach overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
- Bend at the waist, kneel or crouch.
- Perform heavy physical labor.
- Use proper lifting methods.
- See to read a variety of documents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school and one year experience in a warehouse delivery environment.