Accounting ManagerElk Grove Unified School District
Application Deadline: 5/1/2018 4:00 PM Pacific
Salary: Schedule #28, Range 160, $82,003 - $102,816 annually (See Salary Schedule Link Below - maximum placement - Step 6)
Site: Robert L. Trigg Education Center, Fiscal Services - Accounting, 9510 Elk Grove-Florin Road, Elk Grove, CA 95624
BASIC FUNCTION: Under the direction of Director-Fiscal Services, plan, organize and direct the activities and operations of District accounting records, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions; coordinate, oversee and direct the collection and reporting of District-wide attendance data; prepare County, federal and State-mandated financial reports; coordinate accounting procedures with budget, technology services, payroll, school sites and various District programs; train and supervise the performance of assigned personnel.
- Planning, organization and direction of the accounts receivable, accounts payable, accounting records and attendance accounting functions of the District.
- Financial and statistical record-keeping and report preparation techniques.
- District accounting policies and procedures.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Financial transactions of the District’s student body organizations.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Principles and practices of supervision and training.
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Any combination equivalent to: bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field and three years increasingly responsible professional accounting experience.
Application and full class description is available at: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/1028307