Account TechnicianEl Dorado County Office of Education
El Dorado County Office of Education
Final Filing Date: 5/18/18
APPLY at www.edjo.in/1038842
Job Purpose Statement: Under general supervision by Business Director or Manager, perform moderately complex and responsible record keeping, and/or audit of departmental budgetary/accounting/controlling functions; assist in the processing and monitoring of County Office of Education and/or School Districts’ funds and financial transactions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain, monitor, and clears ledger and suspense accounts for the purpose of maintaining accurate balances.
- Maintain an encumbrance system using budgetary/accounting codes for the purpose of providing an up-to-date account balance.
- Generate accounts receivable invoices and statements for the purpose of ensuring that related revenues are received.
- Contact agencies, districts, schools and employees regarding financial records and transactions for the purpose of providing authoritative information on records maintained.
- Receive and processes financial documents for the purpose of screening for accuracy and procedural requirements.
- Follow established procedures for the purpose of insuring receipt of goods or services and authorizing payment.
- Generate and/or audits accounts payable warrant orders including timely filing for the purpose of making vendor payments and compliance with accounting requirements.
- Maintain information on individuals paid as independent contractors for the purpose of accurate payments and audit trail for IRS compliance.
- Maintain central supply inventory records for the purpose of controlling and allocating cost and maintaining accurate records. · Assists with year-end closing of books for the purpose of finalizing end of year cost records and/or establishing year-end accruals.
- Prepares deposits, including counting of cash and checks for the purpose of making bank deposits.
- Prepares end of month reports, forms, electronic spreadsheets, and documentation for the purpose of providing written support and conveying information.
- Prepares and posts fund transfers and/or inter-program charges and reconciles fund balances for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances and/or cost distribution.
- Assists Information Services Department for the purpose of identifying relevant problems and improving efficiency.
Job Requirements – Qualifications
- Experience: Two years experience maintaining financial and statistical records including accounts payable and receivable.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities:
- Skills to perform responsible Account Technician work; make arithmetical calculations quickly and accurately; prepare accurate financial summaries and reports; create electronic spreadsheets; operate a personal computer, calculating machine and typewriter; carry out oral and written instructions; maintain cooperative work relationships. Account Technician
- Knowledge of methods, practices, and terminology used in financial and statistical recordkeeping; office methods and procedures; general knowledge of computer application.
- Abilities to sit for prolonged periods, work under minimal supervision accurately and with attention to detail; understand and carry out oral and written instructions. Significant physical abilities include reaching/handling/ fingering, talking/hearing conversations, near visual acuity.
- * Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: TB Test clearance, Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance. If required to operate a vehicle during the course of employment, must possess a valid California Driver’s License and evidence of insurability,