At De Nova Technology, Inc. we are developing new and exciting ideas every day! We have a highly skilled engineering team and are looking to find a scientist with an entrepreneurial spirit who can make new ideas real, fast! The successful candidate will immediately assume a senior position in our brand-new synthesis laboratory in Placerville, CA
Key duties of the successful candidate will be:
- Leading the development of new routes for the synthesis of polymers and industrial additives for use in fomulating Coatings, Disinfectants, Anti-Microbials, and Fire Retardants.
- Assist in the development of intellectual property and drafting patent applications.
- Understanding of EPA regulations or eperience with regulatory documentation is highly desireable.
- Characterizing organic compounds to determine composition, physical and chemical properties and structure/performance relationships utilizing spectroscopic, chromatographic, thermal, microscopic, and other analytical techniques.
- Directing, coordinating, and advising junior personnel in the synthesis and characterization techniques used in preparing and analyzing the physical properties and components of materials.
- Collaborating with marketers and applications specialists to generate the data used for the commerical launch of new products.
- Participating in and improving the safety culture of the company.
Skills and Specifications
- This role is highly independent and requires the ability to translate complex chemistry ideas into real world solutions.
- Able to research polymeric and small molecule organic synthesis problems; evaluate options and execute solutions.
- Versatility in applying scientific methodology in the areas of synthesis, analytical chemistry, and material science in order to solve problems.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills as indicated by professional presentations and published papers.
- Collaboration in a multidisciplinary team environment using sound interpersonal skills to promote a dynamic ambitious environment.
- Manage complex projects involving multiple tracks.
Eduction and Qualifications
- B.S. Degree with 5-10 years of experience, Masters Degree with 2-5 years of experience or a PhD in Organic and/or Polymer Chemistry. Candidates with experience in silane/siloxane chemistry will receive special consideration.
- PhD in a field of science with at least 3 years of experience conducting polymer synthesis and characteriation or,
- Experience in the Coatings and Dye industries is a plus.