Research Program Specialist ICOVERED CALIFORNIA
Research Program Specialist I
Join the Covered California Team!
Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of Californians while achieving your career goals? Are you passionate about finance, data, forecasting and analysis? If so, join the Covered California team where you’ll thrive in a fast paced-environment surrounded by enthusiastic and self-motivated people. In this highly visible role, you will be a key member of the Financial Analysis Team who prepare financial reporting and review packages, manage financial plans, develop financial models, and perform in depth analysis of trends in sales, revenues, and expenditures. This position will be responsible for independently performing complex research and forecasting tasks for major research projects or activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Serves as a staff specialist who conducts complex and difficult research studies and data analyses to forecast and develop information such as revenue projections in order to maintain the sustainability of Covered California.
· Serves as a data specialist who extracts needed information from various data management systems; uses statistical analysis tools to analyze data; designs input requirements and definitions; reviews and analyzes output data and reports to assure state and federal government reporting requirements are met.
· Participates in the review and analysis of legislation and other regulations which affect changes in rates, added benefits and their associated costs, and policy initiatives for their potential impact on Covered California.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to apply and use technology in the performance of the job.
· Work under demanding time pressure and under public scrutiny, while maintaining composure; and meet deadlines with short timeframes.
· Proficient computer skills in the use of email, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access applications.
How to Apply
For additional job description and minimum qualification information, and to apply to this opportunity, click here: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/
About Covered California
Covered California is a State Department that is improving the health of all Californians by assuring their access to affordable, high quality care by allowing individuals and small business to compare plans and buy health insurance in the private market. Covered California knows that its employees are its most valuable asset, and it’s looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals to help us make a difference.