Engineering Division ManagerCounty of Sonoma
$9,117 - $11,080/Mo. & Additional Benefits!
Transportation and Public Works (TPW) seeks an experienced Engineer to manage their Road and Bridge Division. Requires a CA engineering license & multiple years of experience.
For more information, minimum qualifications, & to apply online, please visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org
TPW provides road construction and maintenance services throughout the County of Sonoma. Through stewardship and innovation, the department plans, builds, manages, and maintains the County's investment in quality services and infrastructure. In order to meet TPW's operational goals, the Engineering Division Manager is responsible for managing staff and engineering activities related to the administrative operation of the Division's Construction, Design, Materials Lab, and Survey sections. Managerial responsibilities also include a focus on fiscal accountability and the creation of performance goals and objectives associated with the delivery of road and bridge capital projects. The ideal candidate for this executive management position will possess:
- A State of California Civil Engineering License
- Extensive knowledge of requirements concerning the design, construction, and inspection methodology necessary for federal, state, and local funded road and bridge construction projects
- Working knowledge of the Caltrans process for all types of projects, including major capital projects
- Considerable experience applying the principles and practices of modern budget, program, and systems management
- Experience supervising and coordinating the work of Public Works staff involved in the design, survey, and construction of bridges and highways
Experience: Normally, any combination of experience which would provide the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and abilities listed herein. Normally, five years of full-time, professional engineering experience, including two years at the level of Senior Civil Engineer with the County of Sonoma would provide such opportunity.