Yuba City , CA

Director of Development Services

Yuba City, CA Full-time
Posted on March 8, 2019

City of Yuba City
Director of Development Services
Annual Salary: $128,616 - $156,336 + Excellent Benefit Package
The City of Yuba City is now accepting applications for Director of Development Services. Responsibilities include the functions of planning, building, code enforcement and housing for the City of Yuba City. This at-will executive service position is expected to perform daily work with administrative and/or policy direction. The position requires extensive knowledge of the planning, building, code enforcement and housing functions. Experience in specific plans, master plan preparation and processing, entitlement processes, sphere of influence expansion, annexations, permitting processes, infrastructure, and inspection processes is desired as well as having a good eye for design aesthetics. The ability to communicate openly and effectively with a variety of audiences is necessary as is the inherent aptitude to teach and assist local developers with the complete development process. The Development Services Director works closely with the Planning Commission and City Council and is responsible for preparing technical documentation, staff reports and formal presentations frequently.

The City of Yuba City is looking for a leader with a servant’s heart and a strong customer service focus. The ideal candidate should have the ability to build consensus, remain objective, and act as a positive change agent for the community. Excellent diplomacy, transparency, and leadership are essential qualities for this position. Yuba City is a proud community that offers an outstanding combination of quality-of-life attributes coupled with a small town ambiance – A great place to become part of the fabric of the community you serve.

To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please submit your application online at – Please attach resume, letter of interest and 3 work-related references.

Application Deadline:
March 29, 2019

EOE. An official City application is required.