Police OfficerCity of Sonora Police Department
Under the general supervision of a Police Sergeant, a Police Officer patrols an assigned area in a radio car, other vehicles, or on foot; answers calls for the protection of life and property and the enforcement of City, County, and State laws; stops drivers operating vehicles in violation of laws; warns drivers against unlawful practices and issues citations; observes an assigned area for suspicious activity and unsafe conditions; conducts preliminary investigations at the scene of accidents and crimes; regulates vehicle flow at times of emergencies or congestion; gives information and directions to the public; serves warrants and subpoenas; administers first-aid; prepares reports of arrests made, investigations conducted, and unusual incidents observed; performs security checks of buildings; testifies in court; and any other duties, as assigned.
- $4,378-$5,321 Monthly.
- 2.5% for Intermediate & Supervisory POST Cert Level.
- 5.0% for Advanced POST Cert Level.
- 2.5% for Each Educational Degree, Associate in Arts/Associate in Science, Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts (maximum of 7.5%)
- 5.0% for Special Assignments.
- $1,200 Annual Uniform Allowance.
- Vehicle Take Home Program.
- CalPERS Retirement.
- City Paid Medical, Dental and Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Homebuyers Assistance Lateral Hiring Incentives.
- Must have 3 plus years of POST Certified Peace Officer Experience.
- Hiring Bonus - $2,500 after completion of FTO and $2,500 after completion of 18-month probation.
- Up to 40 Hours of Sick Leave bank.
- Up to 40 Hours of Vacation Leave bank.
- Up to 10 years of service credit for Vacation Accrual.
- CalPERS 3% at 50 for Transferring Classic Employees.