Assistant City ClerkCity of Rancho Cordova
The City of Rancho Cordova is currently recruiting for Assistant City Clerk
$6,158.63 - $7,518.43 monthly
The City of Rancho Cordova is looking for a dynamic and responsive individual to be a part of an exciting team that is passionate and committed to public service, has a collaborative approach to service delivery, and provides exceptional customer service. Our team is committed to the vision of making Rancho Cordova a caring and vibrant community that values diversity, partnerships, opportunity and fun. Our team works each day, knowing what we do makes a difference in the lives of residents and businesses in Rancho Cordova. We hope you will consider joining our team.
If you are interested or know of someone interested in this position the on-line application must be received by the respective filing date for consideration. To submit an online application please visit http://www.
Open until Filled – Candidates should apply online for optimal consideration before the first review of application which will take place on Wednesday, November 15, 2017
To oversee, coordinate and perform a variety of complex, technical, and responsible administrative duties involved in assisting the City Clerk with the coordination of the City Clerk's Office; to provide highly complex staff assistance to the City Clerk; to respond to inquiries from the public; to assume the responsibilities for all activities of the City Clerk in his/her absence; and to perform other duties as assigned.
- Principles, practices and procedures of City Clerk functions and requirements and municipal government operations and organization.
- Principles, practices, and methods of modern records management policies and procedures and access to public records.
- Pertinent local, State and Federal laws, rules and regulations, including the California Public Records Act, the Ralph M. Brown Act, the California Political Reform Act, the California Elections and Government Codes, and Regulations of the California Fair Political Practices Commission.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Business correspondence and report preparation.
- Principles of effective customer service.
- Modern office equipment and procedures including use of a variety of software applications.
- Assist the City Clerk in managing and directing operations of the City Clerk's Office.
- On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job; intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and problem solve operational and technical policy and procedures.
- On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time; intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 10 pounds or less.
- Attend evening and/or special meetings of the City Council and boards and commissions, as required.
- Coordinate the development, production and distribution of City Council meeting agendas, supporting documents and packets.
- Read, interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations related to the operations of the City Clerk's Office.
- Organize, compile and maintain complex and extensive records.
- Review documents for completeness and follow appropriate steps for the retention of records, files and documents.
- Establish, maintain and research departmental files.
- Research, interpret and explain policies, procedures, and regulations, city ordinances, and California regulations.
- Maintain integrity of work by taking responsibility and accountability for completion of work and customer interactions.
- Maintain punctuality and attendance at work.
- Effectively contribute collaboratively to a team effort
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Experience and Training
Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
- Four years of increasingly responsible experience performing administrative duties in a City Clerk's Office.
- Equivalent to an Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with course work in public administration, business administration, or a closely related field.
License and Certificate:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver's license.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, certification as a California Municipal Clerk.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, Public Notary certification.
The City of Rancho Cordova complies with the letter and spirit of the Equal Employment Opportunity and Americans with Disabilities laws in its employment process. Please advise the Human Resources Department of any reasonable accommodation you need in order to participate in the City’s application process.