Transit Bus DriverCITY OF FOLSOM
CITY OF FOLSOM
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR:
Transit Bus Driver
Full-Time, Permanent Part-Time & Temporary
Hourly Rate: $15.98 - $24.41
OPEN as CONTINUOUS FILING for Permanent Part Time and Temporary employment opportunities
DMV printout (dated within past 90 days) required at time of application. Current DMV record printout will be required prior to hire.
THE POSITION DEFINITION Under general supervision, operate a bus over fixed routes and transport passengers.
IDEAL CANDIDATE NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Each individual in the classification does not necessarily perform all the duties listed.
· Drive a bus over designated routes in accordance with time schedules.
· Assist passengers in entering and leaving the bus.
· Assist passengers with safety seat belts.
· Calculate and collect passenger fares.
· Observe the behavior of passengers and maintain passenger order.
· Render emergency aid to passengers if needed.
· Perform pre and post safety inspections of buses.
· Prepare and maintain daily records as assigned.
· Write reports as required.
· Perform related duties as assigned
· Motor vehicle, traffic, safety codes, and applications.
· Basic arithmetic calculations.
· Elements of first aid.
· Operate a bus on assigned routes.
· Safely drive and operate a bus.
· Safely load and unload passengers at designated bus stops.
· Collect fares accurately and make cash transactions.
· Make basic arithmetic computations related to fares.
· Maintain order among passengers on the bus.
· Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
· Organize and maintain daily logs and records.
· Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
· Maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
· Safely drive in inclement weather.
· Follow and obey traffic rules and regulations.
· Read maps.
Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent.
Experience: One (1) year of full-time experience working in a customer service position and one (1) year previous licensed driving experience. Previous experience as a licensed bus or truck driver is desirable.
License, Certificate, Registration Requirements: Possession of, or ability to obtain and retain, a California Commercial Class B driver license with air brake endorsement; a passenger endorsement is desirable; and a Vehicle Transportation Training (V.T.T.) Certificate within 6 months of appointment.
Benefits for part-time positions are pro-rated based upon numbers of hours worked.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE All applicants must complete in full an official City of Folsom employment application. All applications must be completed in their entirety. The applicant has the responsibility to explain his/her qualifications fully and clearly. An incomplete application may be cause for disqualification. Applications which best meet the City’s needs are invited to participate in the selection process. Candidates selected for interview will be required to sign a release for a pre-employment background check. The City may screen for those applicants who are most qualified and who possess the desirable special qualifications. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of a pre-employment physical exam, fingerprint and background check. A written exam and oral interview may be required.
City of Folsom Human Resources
50 Natoma Street Folsom, CA 95630
(916) 355-7202 Email: email@example.com Fax: (916) 351-1760
The City of Folsom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.