Memory Care Partner / Caregiver
Carlton Senior Living
Memory Care Partner/Caregiver
Carlton Senior Living supports you and your family in your health, future, and daily life.
For the second year Carlton Senior Living has been certified as a “Fortune's Best Place to Work for Aging Services” by our amazing employees by an independent survey conducted by Activated Insights.
Carlton Senior Living (CSL) wants to provide you with a rich employee experience. We understand that offering love, honor, and care to our employees translates into your love, honor, and care for our residents and families. That’s why we offer best in-class benefits!
Our 1,000+ employees are our most important assets, and we strongly believe in helping them to achieve their own ambitions by training, promoting and investing in their career development and advancement. We not only value our employees, we offer them cash bonuses for referring other candidates that successfully join our team. We support our employees through benefits designed to improve their health, their future and their daily lives. Our generous benefits package includes:
- CSL offers a second to none, Employee Referral Program. CSL will pay you an additional $0.25 per hour for referring a full or part time employee. The additional $0.25 per hour continues until you terminate your employment or the referred employee terminates or changes employment with Carlton Senior Living, and can be combined for multiple referrals.
- PTO PayOut, An employee can accrue up to 300 hours of PTO per year to either cash out or use as vacation or sick time.
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan, with company discretionary match
- Medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance for you and your eligible family members
- Additional voluntary life insurance
- Anniversary award
- Credit union membership
- Work shoe purchase program
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Flexible spending account that lets you save tax-free funds for medical, dental and child care expenses
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness bonus
- Employee assistance program, including confidential counseling, and legal and financial resources
Carlton Senior Living is currently staffing for Care Partner / Caregiver at many of our area communities.
Multiple Immediate Openings at:
- Carlton Senior Living Sacramento, CA
- Carlton Senior Living Orangevale, CA
- Carlton Senior Living Davis, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Support caregivers as needed in any area of their job performance.
- Take responsibility to cover caregiver responsibilities as needed.
- Confirm all resident rounds are completed before CP’s shift ends.
- Monitor and identify additional training opportunities for CP staff and report this to your Supervisor.
- Maintain close communication with team and share all issues with Personal Care Manager or Director Of Resident Services (DRS)
- Verify that staff adheres to Company Policies and Procedures and State Regulations; teach by example.
- Monitor Resident’s Service Plans and Task Sheets on a weekly basis and ensure that Care Partners understand the plans and their role in providing service.
- Interact with residents as may be required by situations presented during the shift.
- Redirect disruptive residents to prevent injury to themselves and others.
- Observe, document and communicate to PCM or DRS any physical and mental changes of condition and/or and all unusual observed resident behaviors (speech production, feeding patterns, toilet issues, etc.), to help facilitate assessment and development of care and service goals.
- Attend to routine care of resident needs per the Personal Service Plan and Task Sheets.
- Investigate family concerns regarding care and communicate to DRS or Executive Director.
- Understand, follow, and enforce all universal resident care, safety precautions and infection control practices.
- Verify Daily Task Sheets are handed in before the next shift begins.
- Walk the building with the housekeeping checklist to ensure all items are completed and that the building is maintained for Community operations the following day. If the building is not ready, first take reasonable efforts to resolve the problems, and then highlight the areas for improvement on the checklist and submit to the proper personnel for resolution.
- Check both kitchens to ensure safety: No wet floors, freezers are locked, stove turned off, all food has been stored properly, etc.
- Perform administrative duties as requested by PCM or DRS.
- Understand all emergency protocols and respond to emergencies per Community training standards.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school education
- One month related experience or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CNA preferred but not required.
- Competent in administration of Medication and how to answer all medical provider, or family, medication questions.
- Able to assume all responsibility for medication rooms.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current First Aid Certification
We are looking for heroes to join the growing Carlton team.
Have you got what it takes?
- Enjoy working with people
- Want to make a difference
- Believe that work should be fun
- Have a genuine passion for compassion
Then, apply today!
Carlton Senior Living provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Carlton Senior Living complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.