Best in Class Benefits
Carlton Senior Living supports you and your family in your health, future, and daily life.
For the second year in a row, Carlton Senior Living has been nationally recognized as a Great Place to Work. Carlton has also been given the distinction and certified as a “Fortune's Best Place to Work for Aging Services” voted #1 in California and #2 nationally. There is a reason why staff voted Carlton the best…. Read on!
We offer best in-class benefits!.
Our 1,200+ employees are our priority. We strongly believe in helping everyone achieve their own ambitions through training, promoting and investing in their career development and advancement. We not only value our employees, but we also offer them cash bonuses for referring other candidates that successfully join our team. We support our employees through benefits designed to improve their health, their future and their daily lives. Our generous benefits package:
- CSL offers a second to none Employee Referral Program. CSL will pay you an additional $0.25 per hour for referring a full or part time employee. The additional $0.25 per hour continues until you terminate your employment, or the referred employee terminates or changes employment with Carlton Senior Living. The best part is, there is NO LIMIT on how many employees you can refer. Refer four friends or family and that’s an additional $1 an hour increase. Just give yourself a raise.
- PTO PayOut. An employee can accrue up to 300 hours of PTO per year to either cash out or use as vacation or sick time. No other company offers this exceptional benefit!
- 401(k) retirement savings plan, with company match.
- Medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance for you and your eligible family members
- Employee Assistance Program that includes confidential counseling, and legal and financial resources
- Optional voluntary life insurance
- Anniversary award
- Annual continuing education reimbursement
- Flexible spending account that lets you use tax-free funds for medical, dental and childcare expenses
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Work shoe purchase program
- Carlton Senior Living offers all employees one of the top pay structures in the area
Carlton Senior Living is currently staffing for Medication Technician at many of our area communities.
Multiple Immediate Openings at:
- Carlton Senior Living Sacramento, CA
- Carlton Senior Living Orangevale, CA
- Carlton Senior Living Davis, CA
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsible for the accurate and timely distribution of medications to residents according to the written orders and instructions provided by physicians. This position also involves following all medication practices per Medication Training, Company Policy, and Title 22 Regulations
Essential Duties and responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Pour and assist residents with medications according to Physician orders, medication training, and Company policies and procedures.
- Follow “Medication Training” policies and procedures regarding infection control, standard precautions, biohazard waste, and sharps management, and disposal.
- Fax new orders to pharmacies following Company policies and procedures.
- Communicate to Physician, Pharmacist, family and DRS and/or Nurse if resident misses any scheduled doses of medication.
- Document immediately when medication is given to residents.
- Re-order medications following the Company policies and procedures.
- Observe and immediately report any changes in resident condition following the “Medication Training” policies and procedures.
- Document immediately when a resident receives a PRN medication.
- Keep the medication room and cart clean and orderly at all times.
- Complete all documentation on a new resident for the medication program in a timely manner.
- Log in all medication deliveries on the resident’s Centrally Stored sheet.
- Ensure accuracy of Medication Assistance Record (MAR) at all times, and report concerns to the Manager.
- Keep the medication room, cart, cupboards, and records locked when not in use.
- Destroy medications following the community’s policies and procedures.
- Count the narcotics following the community’s policies and procedures.
- File appropriate paperwork in the resident's charts.
- Assist PC Manager with investigation on any concerns from resident or family regarding medications.
- Verify the resident’s medications prior to dispensation with the resident’s physician and every six months thereafter in order to provide the best service and make sure the resident is taking the proper dosages and the proper medication.
- Ensure residents do not run out of medications at any time.
- Record any medication changes per doctor’s orders in all the proper documents as specified in Medication Procedures and Company Policies.
- Follow all universal and safety precautions.
- Understand and follow all emergency protocols and respond to emergencies as directed and per Community training.
- Treat residents with dignity and respect. Provide privacy during personal care
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Interact well with our Carlton Family – residents, family members, all staff members, future residents.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- According to Title 22 requirements, employees must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
Certificates, License, Registration
- Current First Aid Certification (obtained through community)
- DOJ and FBI fingerprint clearance must be completed prior to working in community (obtained through community)
- Health screening and negative TB test, must be less than six (6) months old. (obtained through community)
We are looking for heroes to join the growing Carlton team.
Have you got what it takes?
- Enjoy working with people
- Want to make a difference
- Believe that work should be fun
- Have a genuine passion for compassion
Then, apply today!
Carlton Senior Living provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Carlton Senior Living complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.