Licensed Vocational Nurse ( LVN )
Best in Class Benefits
Carlton Senior Living supports you and your family in your health, future, and daily life.
For the second year in a row, Carlton Senior Living has been nationally recognized as a Great Place to Work. Carlton has also been given the distinction and certified as a “Fortune's Best Place to Work for Aging Services” voted #1 in California and #2 nationally. There is a reason why staff voted Carlton the best…. Read on!
We offer best in-class benefits!.
Our 1,200+ employees are our priority. We strongly believe in helping everyone achieve their own ambitions through training, promoting and investing in their career development and advancement. We not only value our employees, but we also offer them cash bonuses for referring other candidates that successfully join our team. We support our employees through benefits designed to improve their health, their future and their daily lives. Our generous benefits package:
- CSL offers a second to none Employee Referral Program. CSL will pay you an additional $0.25 per hour for referring a full or part time employee. The additional $0.25 per hour continues until you terminate your employment, or the referred employee terminates or changes employment with Carlton Senior Living. The best part is, there is NO LIMIT on how many employees you can refer. Refer four friends or family and that’s an additional $1 an hour increase. Just give yourself a raise.
- PTO PayOut. An employee can accrue up to 300 hours of PTO per year to either cash out or use as vacation or sick time. No other company offers this exceptional benefit!
- 401(k) retirement savings plan, with company match.
- Medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance for you and your eligible family members
- Employee Assistance Program that includes confidential counseling, and legal and financial resources
- Optional voluntary life insurance
- Anniversary award
- Annual continuing education reimbursement
- Flexible spending account that lets you use tax-free funds for medical, dental and childcare expenses
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Work shoe purchase program
- Carlton Senior Living offers all employees one of the top pay structures in the area
Carlton Senior Living is currently staffing for Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) at many of our area communities.
Multiple Immediate Openings at:
- Carlton Senior Living Sacramento, CA
- Carlton Senior Living Orangevale, CA
- Carlton Senior Living San Jose, CA
- Carlton Senior Living Davis, CA
Essential Duties and responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Monitor, assess and respond to residents’ changing health and condition.
- Coordinate and evaluate medical needs and/or activities of daily living to formulate and provide a safe, balanced, and adequate program of care for changing needs.
- Participate in the initial and ongoing development of the Personal Service Plan including Focus areas and Interventions. Communicate to other associates, outside health services, responsible parties, and physicians accordingly regarding necessary updates and/or coordination of care.
- Takes and records residents’ vital signs and/or supervises trained Personal Care Aides performing this task as needed, or ordered by the physician.
- Provides necessary medication administration and treatments as ordered by the physician that may include but are not limited to, wound care, catheter care, colostomy and ileostomy care and oxygen administration.
- Applies compresses, ice bags, and hot water bottles per nursing judgment and/or first aide requirements
- Communicate and document any mental, physical or emotional changes in residents to other personnel, physicians, and family or responsible parties regarding ill residents, changes in condition, injuries/accidents, adverse reactions to medication or treatment, or 911 calls in a timely manner.
- Monitor and supervise the dispensation, storage, and destruction of medications.
- Administers oral, topical, rectal, subcutaneous and/or intramuscular injections in a timely manner with appropriate orders and documentation.
- Monitor and document narcotic count appropriately.
- Monitor transcription of medication orders onto MAR’s for accuracy.
- Monitor all medication orders from Physicians for clarification.
- Assembles and uses equipment such as catheters, colostomies and oxygen per physician’s orders and in compliance with State Regulations.
- Collects samples which may include urine, stool, blood, and sputum, from (all) residents for testing, depending on possession of required certification.
- Assess current or future residents using the appropriate assessment tool while in the hospital or nursing home in order to plan for and provide the proper care and services needed at the time of the resident’s initial move in or return to the Community.
- Develop resident Personal Service Plans through assessing/reassessing resident level of functioning and planning resident care and services. Participate in Family Connection Conferences.
- Provide educational in-services to enhance our associates’ knowledge, and for better quality of service to our residents.
- Maintain familiarity, and comply with Company Policies and Procedures and State Regulations. Consult Director of Resident Services and/or Memory Care Director as needed to ensure compliance with Title 22 and Company Policy.
- Ensure First Aid Kits are fully equipped and in compliance with State Regulations.
- Complete all documentation before the end of each shift.
- Manage and coordinate assisted living or memory care resident and family requests and/complaints in a professional and timely manner, with sensitivity and a positive attitude.
- Provide timely follow through on requests and complaints to make certain that the associate responsible for resolution has followed through, with the assistance of the Executive Director or Director of Resident Services.
- Understand all emergency systems and respond to emergencies as required. Support an on-going safety awareness program for residents and associates. Report all accidents, injuries or incidents immediately to Personnel in Charge, document and log reports or forms as appropriate. Use all equipment, tools and implements with caution.
- The ability to multitask and demonstrate adequate time management skills is an integral function of this position
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Interact well with our Carlton Family – residents, family members, all staff members, future residents.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions.
Education and Experience
- According to Title 22 requirements, employees must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Graduation from an approved vocational nursing or registered nursing program.
- A minimum of three years of nursing experience with at least one year of relevant work experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, License, Registration
- California License Vocational Nurse (LVN) and/or
- California Registered Nurse License (RN)
- Current First Aid Certification (obtained through community)
- DOJ and FBI fingerprint clearance must be completed prior to working in community (obtained through community)
- Health screening and negative TB test, must be less than six (6) months old. (obtained through community)
We are looking for heroes to join the growing Carlton team.
Have you got what it takes?
- Enjoy working with people
- Want to make a difference
- Believe that work should be fun
- Have a genuine passion for compassion
Then, apply today!
Carlton Senior Living provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Carlton Senior Living complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.