Carlton Senior Living
Care Partner / Caregiver
Carlton Senior Living supports you and your family in your health, future, and daily life.
For the second year Carlton Senior Living has been certified as a “Fortune's Best Place to Work for Aging Services” by our amazing employees by an independent survey conducted by Activated Insights.
Carlton Senior Living (CSL) wants to provide you with a rich employee experience. We understand that offering love, honor, and care to our employees translates into your love, honor, and care for our residents and families. That’s why we offer best in-class benefits!
Our 1,000+ employees are our most important assets, and we strongly believe in helping them to achieve their own ambitions by training, promoting and investing in their career development and advancement. We not only value our employees, we offer them cash bonuses for referring other candidates that successfully join our team. We support our employees through benefits designed to improve their health, their future and their daily lives. Our generous benefits package includes:
- CSL offers a second to none, Employee Referral Program. CSL will pay you an additional $0.25 per hour for referring a full or part time employee. The additional $0.25 per hour continues until you terminate your employment or the referred employee terminates or changes employment with Carlton Senior Living, and can be combined for multiple referrals.
- PTO PayOut, An employee can accrue up to 300 hours of PTO per year to either cash out or use as vacation or sick time.
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan, with company discretionary match
- Medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance for you and your eligible family members
- Additional voluntary life insurance
- Anniversary award
- Credit union membership
- Work shoe purchase program
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Flexible spending account that lets you save tax-free funds for medical, dental and child care expenses
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness bonus
- Employee assistance program, including confidential counseling, and legal and financial resources
Carlton Senior Living is currently staffing for Care Partner / Caregiver at many of our area communities.
Multiple Immediate Openings at:
- Carlton Senior Living Sacramento, CA
- Carlton Senior Living Orangevale, CA
- Carlton Senior Living Davis, CA
- Carlton Senior Living, Pleasant Hill, CA
- Carlton Senior Living San Leandro, CA
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments by performing the following duties
Essential Duties and responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Stocks production areas for efficient daily operation.
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements and orders food from supplier or procures food from storage.
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts,sauces, and casseroles.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with a fork to determine degree of doneness.
- Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders.
- Displays knowledge and follows all procedures in sanitation and sanitary food handling.
- Keeps the work area clean and organized using soap and sanitizing agents.
- Supervises other cooks and kitchen employees, if in a lead cook capacity.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
- Butchers chickens, fish, and shellfish.
- Cuts, trims, and bone meat prior to cooking.
- Bakes bread, rolls, cakes, and pastry.
- Loads or unloads trucks picking up or delivering food and/or supplies.
- All other reasonable and related duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Communication Skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Interact well with our Carlton Family – residents, family members, all staff members, future residents.
- Must have basic knowledge of food preparation, service standards and resident relations and etiquette.
- Ability to calculate units of weight and measure, both liquid and dry, as required by recipes.
- Ability to use common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in the written,oral or diagram form.
- Education and Experience
- According to Title 22 requirements, employees must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Formal culinary training or degree in culinary arts are preferred.
- One year prior culinary experience is preferred with a servsafe certification.
- Certificates, License, Registration
- Current First Aid Certification (obtained through community)
- DOJ and FBI fingerprint clearance must be completed prior to working in community (obtained through community)
- Health screening and negative TB test, must be less than six (6) months old. (obtained through community)
We are looking for heroes to join the growing Carlton team.
Have you got what it takes?
- Enjoy working with people
- Want to make a difference
- Believe that work should be fun
- Have a genuine passion for compassion
Then, apply today!
Carlton Senior Living provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Carlton Senior Living complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.