Care Partner / Caregiver
Best in Class Benefits
Carlton Senior Living supports you and your family in your health, future, and daily life.
For the second year in a row, Carlton Senior Living has been nationally recognized as a Great Place to Work. Carlton has also been given the distinction and certified as a “Fortune's Best Place to Work for Aging Services” voted #1 in California and #2 nationally. There is a reason why staff voted Carlton the best…. Read on!
We offer best in-class benefits!.
Our 1,200+ employees are our priority. We strongly believe in helping everyone achieve their own ambitions through training, promoting and investing in their career development and advancement. We not only value our employees, but we also offer them cash bonuses for referring other candidates that successfully join our team. We support our employees through benefits designed to improve their health, their future and their daily lives. Our generous benefits package:
- CSL offers a second to none Employee Referral Program. CSL will pay you an additional $0.25 per hour for referring a full or part time employee. The additional $0.25 per hour continues until you terminate your employment, or the referred employee terminates or changes employment with Carlton Senior Living. The best part is, there is NO LIMIT on how many employees you can refer. Refer four friends or family and that’s an additional $1 an hour increase. Just give yourself a raise.
- PTO PayOut. An employee can accrue up to 300 hours of PTO per year to either cash out or use as vacation or sick time. No other company offers this exceptional benefit!
- 401(k) retirement savings plan, with company match.
- Medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance for you and your eligible family members
- Employee Assistance Program that includes confidential counseling, and legal and financial resources
- Optional voluntary life insurance
- Anniversary award
- Annual continuing education reimbursement
- Flexible spending account that lets you use tax-free funds for medical, dental and childcare expenses
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Work shoe purchase program
- Carlton Senior Living offers all employees one of the top pay structures in the area
Carlton Senior Living is currently staffing for Care Partner / Caregiver at many of our area communities.
Multiple Immediate Openings at:
- Carlton Senior Living Sacramento, CA
- Carlton Senior Living Orangevale, CA
- Carlton Senior Living Davis, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following.
- Support care partners (CP) as needed in any area of their job performance.
- Take responsibility to cover care partners responsibilities as needed.
- Confirm all resident rounds are completed before CP’s shift ends.
- Monitor and identify additional training opportunities for CP staff and report this to your supervisor.
- Maintain close communication with team and share all issues with Personal Care Manager (PCM) or Director of Resident Services (DRS)
- Verify that staff adheres to company policies and procedures and state regulations; teach by example.
- Monitor resident’s service plans and task sheets on a weekly basis and ensure that care partners understand the plans and their role in providing service.
- Interact with residents as may be required by situations presented during the shift.
- Redirect disruptive residents to prevent injury to themselves and others.
- Observe, document and communicate to PCM or DRS any physical and mental changes of condition and/or and all unusual observed resident behaviors (speech production, feeding patterns, toilet issues, etc.), to help facilitate assessment and development of care and service goals.
- Attend to routine care of resident needs per the personal service plan and task sheets.
- Investigate family concerns regarding care and communicate to DRS or Executive Director.
- Understand, follow, and enforce all universal resident care, safety precautions and infection control practices.
- Verify daily task sheets are handed in before the next shift begins.
- Walk the building with the housekeeping checklist to ensure all items are completed and that the building is maintained for community operations the following day. If the building is not ready, first take reasonable efforts to resolve any areas of concern, and then highlight the areas for improvement on the checklist and submit to the proper personnel for resolution.
- Check both kitchens to ensure safety: No wet floors, freezers are locked, stove turned off, all food has been stored properly, etc.
- Perform administrative duties as requested by PCM or DRS.
- Understand all emergency protocols and respond to emergencies per community training standards.
- Support care partners as needed in any area of their job performance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school graduate.
- One-month related experience or training.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CNA preferred but not required.
- Competent in administration of medication and how to answer all medical provider, or family, medication questions.
- Able to assume full responsibility for medication rooms.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current First Aid Certification – corporate provided training available.
We are looking for the Best of the Best to join the growing Carlton team.
Have you got what it takes?
- Enjoy working with people
- Want to make a difference
- Looking for the ability to grow in your job
- Believe that work should be fun
- Have a genuine passion for compassion
Then, APPLY TODAY!
Carlton Senior Living provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Carlton Senior Living complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.