Financial Accountant IVCalifornia State Teachers’ Retirement System
Position Details: JC-108896, Treasury Manager
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT IV
$9,189.00 - $10,435.00
Final Filing Date: 5/25/2018
For more than a century the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS), the largest educator only pension system in the world, has been committed to securing the financial future and sustaining the trust of the over 650,000 members.
The Treasury Manager will be the face of the banking operation, developing collaborative and productive relationships with our banking partners, control agency stakeholders, and internal business partners.
As the manager of the Cash and Banking unit you will be responsible for:
- Driving creative yet calculated decisions that are backed by both experience and extensive knowledge of treasury and banking functions
- Be at the forefront of our cash operation, overseeing gross inflows and outflows of nearly $2 billion per month
- Leading the development and enhancement of cash management reporting tools including cash flow position and forecasting statements, projections, reconciliations, and ad hoc oversight analysis
- Driving results, understanding the complex details of cash and banking functions, and providing thoughtful and analytical solutions to complex problems
- Exposure to the executive leadership team including the Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Making presentations to the CalSTRS Board
- Strong supervisory skills with the ability to plan, organize, and direct a diverse group of staff.
- Ability to effectively manage various internal and external business relationships including, banks, consultants, and contractors.
- Adaptability to work across various business functions, including the Investments branch and Accounting Operations.
- Experience in cash forecasting, cash flow reporting, liquidity analysis, and enterprise banking services.
- Experience working with ERP systems such as SAP, including extracting, analyzing and reporting data.
- Ability to research complex accounting and financial reporting issues, synthesize findings and present information clearly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Does this opportunity seem right for you? If so, pleases click on the link below for complete application instructions.