MEMBERSHIP SERVICES PROGRAM MANAGERCalifornia State PTA
MEMBERSHIP SERVICES PROGRAM MANAGER
The Membership Services Program Manager is an exempt, full-time contracted position based in the PTA state office in Sacramento that performs professional and administrative work to advance the goals of California State PTA. This position manages logistics, coordinates day-to-day functions, facilitates communications between volunteer leaders, vendors and staff and ensures the successful development of the electronic membership dues system and membership campaigns as well as coordinates support and services to leaders such as eBylaws, leadership support, documents and more. This position reports to the Assistant Executive Director. This position also interacts with staff, board members, general membership and the public.
This position is classified on the exempt salary schedule as Program Manager.
$51,000 to $71,200
- Serves as staff lead and liaison to various committees and/or task force groups working to support membership strategies and the electronic membership system including outside vendors and service providers
- Develops and maintains highly effective relationships with members, leaders, staff and vendors
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
- Improves quality of membership programs and services, including electronic membership systems, by establishing and/or refining processes, assessing efficiencies and recommending creative solutions
- Provides assistance to local leaders, councils and districts by developing and implementing a sustainable customer service model for membership and membership services via phone, email and website
- Identifies, develops and implements technology solutions to support the members and leaders
- Works collaboratively with other departments in the development, production and marketing of the electronic membership system and the value of PTA membership
- Provides reports and analytics
- Develops and maintains web-based records in the electronic membership dues database
- Establishes procedures and department policies as they pertain to membership, certification and event processing
- May have supervisory duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends meetings and events as required.
- Some travel may be required.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- May lift, carry and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2-3 years of work experience in membership systems
- Superior technology skills with in-depth experience and technical understanding of membership/association management database systems
- Strong skills in membership strategies designed to demonstrate the value of membership
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with staff, board members, volunteers, vendors, partners and others
- Excellent project management skills
- Team player; Ability to demonstrate overall outlook that is positive, open, and supportive of others.
Application Deadline and Process:
California State PTA is not‐for‐profit association with more than 750,000 members dedicated to positively impacting the lives of all children and families. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to California State PTA at email@example.com. Open until filled. No phone calls please.