Labor Relations Representative
We are seeking a Labor Relations Representative for our Field Office in Citrus Heights, CA.
This is a critical time for unions, our members, our communities and our schools. CSEA has been a stable and viable organization since 1927.
The Labor Relations Representative recruits, trains and develops members. The LRR leads, organizes, and mobilizes members for political action, and is their strongest advocate. The LRR assists with representational matters.
The California School Employees Association represents over 250,000 school employees who work in 750 school districts in California. They provide support services to school children as para-educators, administrators, food service, bus drivers, nurses, and skilled employees in grounds, maintenance and operations. CSEA is the largest classified school employee union in the AFL-CIO.
This is a great position if you are passionate and committed to improving lives, education and communities.
We are dedicated to expanding the rights of classified school employees by securing benefits, pensions, protections and funding for the service they provide.
Our values for social justice, affordable health care and security for working families are what we fight for. Our advocacy for the rights, dignity and welfare of working people is our mission. If you feel passionate about the work we do, we want you to join us.
Examples of duties
- Recruits and trains members
- Negotiates contracts
- Provides leadership to rank-and-file negotiators and committees in collective bargaining
- Represents members in hearings
- Identifies and develops member leaders, chapter officers and stewards
- Influences members and staff
- Develops members who are committed as advocates for the union
The ideal candidate will have the following education and experience
- A strong desire to recruit and mobilize volunteers around social justice issues
- Bachelors degree in a subject that still excites you
- Work experience relevant to organizing and recruiting new members
- Experience with negotiations, advocacy or dispute resolution is a strong plus
- Excellent communications skills
- Gain trust and confidence of members
- Be a leader who is clear and convincing
- Be strategic
- Work with diverse groups
- Show initiative, creativity and exercise sound judgment
- Be organized, excellent at managing your resources, data and time
- Keep sensitive information confidential
- Be a trusted advisor
- Be cool under pressure
- Balance your life at work with your life outside of work
- Quickly develop an understanding of CSEA culture
- Weekend and evening work will be required, as well as occasional overnight travel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a California drivers license, insurance and car
A combination of education, experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities will be considered.
The salary range for the Labor Relations Representative is $75,404 - $109,689 with a generous car allowance. Starting salaries are typically at the first step on our salary range. Consideration may be given for exceptional qualifications and experience. We offer 18 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation to start and 5 weeks after 7 years, medical benefits for you and your family, life insurance coverage and a pension plan.
Go to www.csea.com/careers, upload your resume and write a cover letter that tells us why this ad caught your eye and why we should hire you as our next Labor Relations Representative! Only applications on our website will be considered.
CSEA requires all employees be fully vaccinated and boosted except where barred by disability or religious objection.
CSEA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to building and supporting a diverse workforce.
This is an exempt position under the Fair Labor and Standards Act.