Nurse - Director Of Patient Care Services - $10,000 sign on bonus!BRISTOL HOSPICE
$10K SIGN-ON BONUS!
Please apply online at: www.Bristolhospice.com/careers
To email your resume click on "Apply Now" button, or call 1-801-656-2772 for more information.
The Director of Patient Care Services (DPCS) is responsible for the overall direction of hospice clinical services. The Clinical Director establishes, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for hospice services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Registered nurse in the state, with current licensure to practice professional nursing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited program by the National League for Nursing. Master’s degree ([preferred).
- Three years of management experience in a hospice or related health care organization (Preferred).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative
- Ability to market and deal tactfully with customers and the community.
- Must be a licensed driver with licensed automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of business management, governmental regulations and CHAP standards.
- Possess and maintain current CPR certifications.
- Must be able flexible in work hours
- Willingness to maintain comprehensive working knowledge regarding information systems and applicable software programs
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must meet state and federal requirements for the position.
- Coordinates and oversees all direct and indirect patient services provided by clinical organization personnel.
- Provides guidance and counseling to coordinators, case managers, and Clinical Supervisors to assist them in continually improving all aspects of hospice care services, provided through organization personnel
- Assists Clinical Supervisors in managing clinical teams and planning.
- Provides direction to case managers and clinical teams related to patient care delivery.
- Provides help in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient and family/caregiver care to all clinical personnel as indicated.
- Assists the Executive Director in the preparation and administration of the organization’s budget.
- Interprets operational indicators to detect census changes and increases or decreases in volume that could impact staffing levels, revenues or expenses.
- Evaluates performance of Clinical Supervisors and/or case managers.
- Assists Clinical Supervisors to develop skills and techniques in evaluating the performance of clinicians.
- Hires, Evaluates, and terminates organization personnel.
- Conducts annual evaluations on clinicians, or more frequently if indicated.
- Oversees the maintenance of patient clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Responsible for the maintenance of adequate and appropriate inventory supplies and equipment fir the provision of patient services.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the orientation program for new organization personnel. Responsible for orientation of new organization personnel, directly or delegated.
- Plans and implements in-service and continuing education programs to meet education and training needs of organization personnel.
- Assists with the evaluation of organization performance via quality assurance and performance improvement program, productivity, quarterly and annual reviews. Assures for the quality and safe delivery of hospice services provided through the organization.
- Assists in the development of organization goals. Develops, recommends, and administers organization policies and procedures.
- Assures compliance with all hospice related local, state and federal laws, including licensure and certification or organization personnel and maintains compliance to the CHAP Home Care standards.
- Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and hospice care; shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
- Promotes hospice referrals in the health care community.
- In the absence of the Executive Director, the DPCS will become the acting Executive Director and will be vested with authority to act in behalf of the Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus bonus structure
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Pet Insurance
- HSA and 401k available
- PTO and Paid Holidays
Bristol Hospice values our people. We listen to your needs, because we recognize that satisfied employees give superior service. Bristol Hospice is made up of people who have a desire to serve our community by making a difference in the lives of everyone in a positive, memorable way.
If embracing a reverence of life through offering care and assistance to those in need is what motivates you, then you may have what it takes to be a part of the Bristol Hospice team!
Bristol Hospice supports ongoing growth and professional development, through schooling and advancement opportunities.
Our low turnover and high retention rates are due in part to our family-friendly philosophy.
We are deeply committed to the goal of providing an employment environment where our employees feel valued and welcome, like part of the family.
Bristol Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.