Posted on November 30, 2017
Experienced Carpenter needed as soon as possible! Full-time work in Davis area Benefits included Salary negotiable Own tools helpful.
Carpenter Job Duties:
- Works with designers and planners on construction projects
- Defers to the contractor's orders on large construction projects
- Matches materials to requested design specifications
- Measures building materials and spaces for installation accurately
- Orders building materials as needed
- Creates materials that fit the client's expectations
- Assembles sturdy and well-constructed floorboards, skirting boards, window frames, doors, door linings, staircases, fitted furniture, cabinetry, shelving, and more
- Incorporates fixtures like door handles and locks, cabinet handles, stairway railing, and other fixtures into design and implementation
- Builds temporary housings and supports for setting concrete (shuttering)
- Builds the framework of a building, bridge, ship, or other large-scale construction project
- Crafts furniture with fine detail work and/or utmost sturdiness and quality
- Utilizes skills in other related trades such as plumbing, roofing, bricklaying, painting, tiling, plastering, etc.
- Participates in first fixing as well as second fixing work
- Combines carpentry work with joining work
- Repairs and refurbishes existing building work
- Replaces damaged wood in hardwood floors and outdoor decks
- Uses power tools and other tools to cut and shape wood, metal, and other materials
- Communicates with the rest of the construction team
By clicking on the submit button, your information will be shared with
this employer. You may be contacted from time to time regarding
other opportunities that become available.