Associate Director, PartnershipAmerica's SBDC California
HSU Sponsored Programs Foundation
This is not a state position
Job Title: Associate Director, Partnerships
Wage: $80,000-$95,000 annually ($38.46-45.67/hr.) dependent on qualification of candidate. Position will be eligible to participate in medical, dental, vision, life and retirement benefits.
Position: This is a full-time, exempt, 12-month appointment. Continuation of this position is contingent upon satisfactory performance and available funding.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Supervisor: SBDC Region Director
GENERAL INFORMATION: The Northern California Small Business Development Center is a project of Humboldt State University’s Sponsored Programs Foundation and is operated with special funding under contract in cooperation with the U.S. Small Business Administration. The program serves the business community in northern California (San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley and coastal Northwest) with non-credit education and consulting. Humboldt State has recently submitted a grant to expand its service territory to include all of the North State, including the Sacramento area. The position being hired is dependent upon HSU receiving the award to serve this larger geography. This position is a full-time, benefited, 12 month position located in Sacramento, CA.
JOB OVERVIEW: One of three Associate Directors for the Norcal SBDC. Position focuses on the integration of what has been two distinct regional networks, on delivery of special programs and partnership development for the region and the state.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
FOCUS AREA 1: Attend to Needs and Opportunities of the Newly Added Territory (Northeastern CA)
- Be the “go-to” Lead Center representative for the centers in Northeastern CA.
- Work with the Lead Center team to solve problems and troubleshoot as issues arise with the centers in Northeastern CA.
- Attend major events produced by SBDC centers and partners.
- Develop relationships with all center directors, across both networks.
- Identify and share best practices across both networks.
- Motivate and assist with Centers’ fundraising attempts.
FOCUS AREA 2: Development of Regional Specialty Programs
- Oversee the “Specialist Consulting Program” for finance, restaurant and engineering Consultants
- Develop additional industry-centered programs around consultant(s) expertise: food businesses, retail businesses, online retailing, agriculture, etc.
- Work with other regional Lead Centers in California on common branding of specialty programs.
- Solicit corporate partners that may be interested in sponsoring specialty programs.
FOCUS AREA 3: Strategic Partnership Development for Merged Norcal and Northeastern California.
- Communicate and meet regularly with partners in and around Sacramento (existing and new).
- Communicate and meet regularly with partners in and around SF Bay Area (existing and new).
- Work with the Centers to renew/enliven local partnerships with new communications tools.
- Assist Region Director with Advisory Board partnerships.
FOCUS AREA 4: Statewide Partnership Development/Maintenance
- Represent statewide SBDC with partnerships in Sacramento
- Assist with advocacy process during the annual legislative cycle
- Participate on the statewide Legislative Committee
- Assist State Chair with meeting content/logistics in Sacramento
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE - Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or other related field; must possess a valid California driver’s license; must be able and willing to travel overnight and work evenings on occasion. Preferred MBA. Other preferred qualifications include experience as a small business owner, experience managing federal grants, experience working with programs designed to assist small businesses at the federal, state and local levels, or prior work at a university, college or government entity.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES - Knowledge of and experience in project and program management, partnership development, corporate and/or bank sponsorships. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; exhibit leadership in management and planning; effectively plan, organize and evaluate programs; develop and effectively manage a budget; evaluate computer systems needed to operate the program; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with business and industry representatives in diverse fields and from a variety of ethnic and economic backgrounds; perform effectively under the pressure of deadlines and other administrative demands.
Qualified applicants should submit via email a letter of application, résumé, three professional references, along with the HSU SPF Employee Information Form for Applicants to: email@example.com.
Application review date: The deadline for applications Friday, December 1, 2017; position is open until filled.
Humboldt State University Sponsored Programs Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. More information about HSU SPF’s Equal Employment Opportunity hiring can be found here.
For assistance with the application process, please submit an Accommodation Request Form which can be found here or call the SPF Interim Compliance Support Coordinator at (707) 826-5159.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered this position within HSU SPF. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current HSU SPF employees who apply for this position.