Instrumentation / Electrical TechnicianAMADOR WATER AGENCY
Salary Range: $33.03 - $41.29/Hour
Under direction of the Instrumentation/Electrical Supervisor, operates, interfaces, installs, troubleshoots, maintains and repairs electrical, electronic and computerized equipment used in the Agency’s water/wastewater treatment systems; conduct integration and networking; maintain, troubleshoot telemetry radios, computerized controls involving SCADA systems, programmable logic controller, servers, level and flow monitoring devices.
Final Filing Deadline: Monday, March 19, 2018 at 4:30pm
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Applicable State and Federal laws, codes and regulations
· English language usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, Technical/Engineering manuals and procedure manuals
· Ability to write technical reports and correspondence
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions including technical manuals furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
· Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with internal and external customers, vendors and fellow employees
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED; two (2) years of formal technical college education and five (5) years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid California Driver's License with a continuing acceptable driving record. Desirable qualifications include: journey level electrical background, formal training in instrumentation, communication and computer technology.
The Amador Water Agency, located in the foothills east of Sacramento and Stockton, is one of the major employers in Amador County. An Equal Opportunity Employer as well as ADA/INS compliant, the Agency is diverse in the opportunities it has to offer.
Click "Learn More" to find out how to apply